Why become a member? ×

Hi from the West Midlands

kendall

Hi everyone - I'm Steve. 39 yo took up the bass again after a 15 year break about a year ago. Used to play in a band in my teens, influences were The Cult, Zodiac Mindwarp, Crazyhead, Nephilim, Cure and Metallica. Gave it up to get a 'proper job' ha!

I recently got hold of a 1980's Aria Pro 2 which I used to play back in the day, its been my project over the last few months, upgrading wiring, pick ups etc. After playing an Ibanez Soundgear for the last year - its great to have the old beast up and running.

Recently adventures in my bass playing have been Metallica, Tool, Cannibal Corpse and revisiting some of my old favourites from the Cult's back catalogue as well as starting to compose again.

My main influences on bass are probably, Cliff Burton/Jason Newsted, Jamie Stewart, Glenn Hughes and Justin Chancellor. Recently i've been studying Jaco's style and techniques and while his music was not my cup of tea, the techniques are fun as hell and really challenging.

By day, I'm a corporate warrior, by night and on weekends, I'm back in the groove and really enjoying exploring the world of bass playing.

It's good to be here.

S.