Why become a member? ×

FS/FT '73/'74 Precision 3t/rosewood

Beedster

I'm cutting back my collection to four 70s Precisions :)
Keep changing my mind as to which one to sell but as this is the least played now I have my '57, it's going.
It's a hybrid, 73 neck/tuners on 74 body (which means wood-wise it's pretty much as original as any other Precision of the era). Equipped with a pretty powerful Wizard Thumper, non-original Fender bridge, pickguard, pots and wiring.

Note that PUP and Bridge covers are [u]not[/u] included as they're from another Precision.

Tuners, neckplate (with serial number) and all wood original, body is in very good condition for its age. This is an out-and-out Motown instrument, which is what I've been using it for. Strung with La Bella Deep Talkers it's not got the most sustain you'll ever get from a bass but, hey. it's a '70s Precision! Luckily a whole lot of thump combined with a really authentic late 60's/early 70's Precision tone more than makes up for it.

If it doesn't sell here within a week I'm going to sell it as seperates on ebay.com :huh:

Hard to put a price on it as it's not original but it's a great 70s Fender Precision all the same. Seems the best bet is to sell it for a bit less than what the main parts are worth as seperates with the PUP, pickguard, bridge etc thrown in (going on currrent rates around £325 for the body, £325 for the neck, £100 for the tuners, £50 for the neckplate & screws etc).

So, how about £700?

[attachment=7259:AUT_7987.JPG]

I'll put up some more pics tomorrow. Collection from Milton Keynes or meet on M1.

Chris

Edited by Beedster

Hi CS2

Will be around this week if you want to try out.

Looking fir trade for someting different (I've got 6 Precisions), I like fat necks so hit me guys.....

Chris

Edited by Beedster

This is now available as described above or with a '78 maple B-width neck. Same price either way, but the maple neck IS F*CKING AWESOME. I've had too many offers for parts to hold on to this stuff for too long so will part out soon if no-one here is interetseted
Chris