Why become a member? ×

SOLD Spector NS6-XL

nobodysprefect

Edited for new exchange rate!
SOLD

For those who've not heard a Spector featured prominently in a mix, here's [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zQwxGtcZLo[/media] Steve Vantsis playing on Fish's 13th Star's opening track. This bass also does a much cleaner tone out of the box, but unlike many hi-fi basses is a proper rock bass too!

May 13th: I'm putting this up for sale again because I bought my first MTD and, despite being an inveterate bass flipper, that bass managed to shock me with how well it fits me. Selling off everything else most likely.

I've had Euro Spectors and a few US Spectors and the difference is, to me, very perceptible. It's little stuff, like attention to detail, and it's big stuff, like the neck heel and bridge feel that combine to make the US basses superior instruments. edited to add: yes, this would be a top-of-the-line US neck-through Spector.

If you've never played a spector, they are something you ought to try. From what I've played, they are the only basses that really, really, work with EMG DCs. Very extended range and sustain for days. Very good balance between the strings - in fact, I think this bass has the best balance between the strings I've ever had.

The neck profile is a comfortable deep D, so it's not for everyone. It's great if you're used to double bass necks or big, hefty necks in general. It's a very fast neck, but it's definitely not a Jazz Bass kinda neck. There is a bit of a reach to the first position, but the flipside is easier access to higher frets and easier chording. No neck dive with a wide strap.

What this bass excels at is authoritative, growly, aggressive tone. Likes to be spanked. Allows for low action and digging in. Nothing else sounds like a Spector imo. A properly set up Spector will let you vary your right hand technique and force very, very, much and everything you do will come out of the bass.

Photos:

[url="http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/prkl0405/Spector/NS6-XL/"]http://s626.photobuc...Spector/NS6-XL/[/url]

Edited by nobody's prefect

Aaah my old baby........ a lot to love about this bass. Vile has some explaining to do :)

Trade with confidence, Vile is a pleasure to deal with and I know from experience (it is my old bass) that this NS is top notch. Best B string I have probably ever heard.

I should probably officially drop an L and a U from from names and be Vile Kain...

I'm just struck with a couple of bass tones from my current listening - AJ's Fodera tone and John McVie's Rumours -era tone. Neither of which the Nordstrand, Roscoe or Spector really catch. Maybe if I got a parametric and ran the Spector through it I'd get near McVie tone?

Spectors have great B-strings. Some high-end basses have flabby B-string that you can't really spank. That the c-string speaks as well as the others is very rare in itself, and in conjuction with a solid, solid B... Yup, never had a bass with a balance this good. So, definitely need a special bass in trade. =)

Edited by nobody's prefect

Harry! What in the? You can't do that! Make it a Mini! Trust me mate, you'll be happier with the Mini than with a Kia...

A mate of mine is the local chief of sales for BMW and his store also sells Minis... He lent me a basic Cooper last summer and I shaved nearly 5 minutes off the 16 minute first leg of my commute to work!

• 4 weeks later...

Please take this bass off Vile's hands so he can feel crap about letting it go for a Brubaker :) Especially since he is asking not a lot for it.

Great guy to deal with as said before.

Edited by HazBeen

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...