Why become a member? ×

Need to send bass back to a shop - can anyone recommend a good courier?

Bassmurf

Evening all,

Received today a 2nd hand bass from a shop in Canterbury (I'm in west Sussex) and it's the biggest piece of rubbish I've ever played in 20 years!

So as I can return it back to them as per their terms and conditions, can anyone recommend a decent courier so I can make sure it gets back safely to them?

Cheers

Dan

[quote name='Bassmurf' timestamp='1327442991' post='1511437']
Evening all,

Received today a 2nd hand bass from a shop in Canterbury (I'm in west Sussex) and it's the biggest piece of rubbish I've ever played in 20 years!

So as I can return it back to them as per their terms and conditions, can anyone recommend a decent courier so I can make sure it gets back safely to them?

Cheers

Dan
[/quote]

They should provide the courier as part of their return conditions.

I had to return a £800 Ovation guitar to Nevada last year (it was a total piece of shittum, utter rubbish), they arrange the courier to pick it up. Same with Thomann.

I've always worked on the principle that even if I have to pay the shop to arrange the return courier (ok, you shouldn't have to, but even if you do...) it's worth it on the grounds that if their goods arrive back in several pieces, they get to claim against their own courier on the basis of their own packing materials (provided you send it back exactly as-was) because they are the customer. The fact that they need to make an insurance claim has nothing to do with your right to a refund.