Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliott 100w Commando 12 In Red leather with Blue face.

binky_bass

Hey,

As my quest to downsize continues....

I must let go of my first REAL amp from 9 years ago, This trace (as I was told by the guy who sold it to me) is a little bit special. The bloke who sold it to me used to work in Trace's Maldon factory when they operated there between 1989 and 1992 before they sold themselves to Kaman.

He said that when the factory closed the company gave away prototypes, one off's and things they'd built for funzies to employees of the factory, and this was the amp he walked away with... So I'm very much assuming this commando is a 1992, possibly a year or two older.

It's covered in a red Vinyl/tolex material and has a Blue face (as opposed to the black and green combination we all know)
When I bought it there was no trace logo on the upper left of the grill, just a gap where it should of been. The guys at PMT in Southend where nice enough to give me one they had stuck to there drum room door, its not a perfect fit but it does the job.

There's a Taylor Guitars sticker on top, which obviously you can remove easily. She is in overall very good shape, I've owned her for 5 years, then leant her to a friend for 3 years, and she'd been sat around in the studio for the last year or two.

In the years my friend owned her, she stopped outputting sound, all the lights fire up, but there's not even a hum from the speaker which suggests to me there's a down connection somewhere, possibly a very easy job for the right person. The speaker is in good condition, no cracks or bulges etc.

So this little piece of odd ball Trace Elliot history is here up for grabs to anyone who wants to put in a few pounds or bit of time into getting the issue sorted.

I've checked out the history of this little red beast and everything shapes up. A one off original from the Maldon trace elliot factory... Rare? I'm going with yes. Valuable? I'm going with probably not very...

The Trace has a model number of 1001 and where it says "serial number" the box is blank, implying it is indeed a one off.

So it's your 100w little piece of history for £100.

Russ. 07912222127 text or PM me if interested. (If anyone can add any history to this, I'm all ears!)