Why become a member? ×

**SOLD**- Epiphone Thunderbird IV

Nibody

I've been umming and Ahing about this for a while, but as the wife pointed out the bass collection in the living room has grown exponentialy since I started playing again.

I've decided I MAY part company with my Thunderbird

The Tbird was bought as new for me by my wife, after following a redundancy I sold 99% of my gear including my beloved 1976 Precision. I do like her, I just have a lot of basses now (Mostly P's and a J) so to make space something has to go and I play this the least. Info based on the serial says it was built in July 2003 and was no. 182 to run off the production line at the Un Sung plant in Inchon, Korea.

Bad points first. There is a small scratch on the back, and a couple of small ones next tothe jack socket. There is a ding in the underside of the lower horn that has broken through the finnish on the underside of the lower horn (this was caused when after having decided to take it to a practice, having swapped out the straplocks, it parted company with the strap on a concrete floor (See pic below).

There is also a small scuff at the end of the headstock. (there were some other marks, but I found these were paint transfer from leaning it against the wall/door, and these have cleaned off!)

The good points are it has hardly been used in the last 9 years or so. Frets and neck are fine, no wear to the neck, and it is still wearing the strings it left the factory with!

Due to the dink and the scuff (though both are not visible when playing it) I'm looking for £100 ono. Prefer collection from Tamworth, Staffs.

Edited by Nibody

• 2 weeks later...