Why become a member? ×

Korg C-45 Electric Concert Piano & Midi Controller - SOLD

Back in 1993 (when this cost £1750 - I have the original invoice) this was pretty much as good as it got.

It's an 88-key piano with weighted keys, three pedals, on-board amplifier (2 x 30W), midi in/out/thru, aux in (L/R) and aux out (L/R), a range of pre-set sounds, a range of pre-set effects, metronome, 3400-note record & replay function, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Lots more photos at [url="http://s1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/h4ppyjack/Korg%20C45%20Concert%20Piano%20and%20Midi%20Controller/"]http://s1128.photobu...i%20Controller/[/url]

Here I am testing it out.
When I was younger.
Erm ... and still Chinese-American.
OK, it's not me.

Here's a bit of apparently original sales blurb for this piano:

[size=3][i][color=#FF0000][font=Arial]The C-45 uses Korgs critically acclaimed digital technology to produce highly realistic and true-to-life sounds of accoustic and electric pianos, organs, harpsichord, vibes, bass/drums/guitar and strings. Its 16-note polyphony adds extra depth and richness to these sounds and frees you to play them individually, layered together or split over different halves of the keyboard.[/font][/color][/i]

[i][color=#FF0000][font=Arial]Korgs Advanced Surround effects and multiple speaker system give you the exciting sensation of playing in the world's greatest concert halls.The C-45 lets you control the volume, pitch and key transpose and select the keyboard response you prefer for your individual touch.[/font][/color][/i]

[i][color=#FF0000][font=Arial]A flexible, easy-to-use 3400 note recorder turns your piano into a powerful tool for composing and practicing. Traditional Damper and Soft/Sostenuto pedals give you more expressive control. Th C-45 includes Korg's special early music temperaments for added realism.[/font][/color][/i]

[i][color=#FF0000][font=Arial]Full Size 7 Octave with 3 pedals.[/font][/color][/i]
[i][color=#FF0000][font=Arial]Dimensions: 1382(w)x491.5 (d)x 844(h)mm[/font][/color][/i]
[i][color=#FF0000][font=Arial]Weight: 51.4kg[/font][/color][/i]
[i][color=#FF0000][font=Arial]Colour & Grain: Black Walnut[/font][/color][/i][/size]

This is a pro-quality concert piano, or a superb piece of studio kit, or even possibly a stage piano - though I suspect you might want to be in a band with roadies if you're going that route ...

It would also be an ideal instrument for a church or club. It has a truly excellent tone, it's build like a brick out-house, and it's very flexible.

It has been well looked-after throughout its 19 years, and is pretty damned close to mint. The stool and cover are long gone, and the perspex keyboard-cover is temperamental; I normally leave it permanently open. Apart from that, it's fine.

Everything that I have tested works perfectly, exactly as new. The bits I haven't tested are (obviously) the features I don't personally use, such as the record function and the midi operation. Given the state of the bits I [b][i]have [/i][/b]tested, I have no reason to doubt that everything is perfect, and I would obviously make an appropriate adjustment to the price if this turned out not to be the case.

There is no manual, which is a shame - especially since it came to me with all the original purchase documents. :rolleyes:

I'm still looking for a jiffy-bag that will be big enough to take it but, failing that, this would need to be collected from Chiswick (London W4).

The front legs and the rear unit which contains the pedals are very easily removed and re-fitted for transportation BUT this is a heavy bugger. It will fit easily into any hatchback or estate, or across the rear seats of a decent-sized saloon. If you have a 1966 Mini or a Smart Car then you'll have to carry it on its end.

Difficult object to place a value on. Scanning eBay and other sites, it's clearly worth several hundred pounds, but also certainly less than £1000.

Hmmm.

I'll start at [size=5][b]£400[/b][/size] but I'm always happy to listen to feedback from Basschatters as to whether that's too low. ;)

Feel free to PM with an offer. I like to make my own entertainment.

Edited by Happy Jack