Why become a member? ×

ibanez sr1000 esm prestige4 string midi bass

adledman

knocked this together over a year or so ago and always meant to put up some results.

started life as a new old stock sr1000 which i got from the usa for $800 plus shipping but they where really helpful in listing its value as much cheaper to lower import duty. a bit risky if it went missing or got damaged but worked out very well.

neck pup moved up to neck.
bridge pup moved back to bridge.
individual bridges removed and routed to accept a piece of wenge and hipshot piezo bridge installed. (almost looks like it was on purpose as a tone block) ha!
large area routed to accept ghost midi pre amp and topped with a massive ramp made from wenge again. space made for extra batteries but not used.

noll TCM 3P pre` installed which is stunning. sweeping bass, sweeping mid and sweeping treble!!! expensive but worth it.

ghost 15 pin midi output installed and a midi volume pot.

noll preamp rewired to add a power switch and led operation light.

neck had all varnish removed and further shaved and then polished for the slimmest fastest neck out there i am sure. i hate sticky necks!!

schaller ultralight tuners added and string through body ferrules added.

i have now got a bass that ticks all the boxes for me and is hopefully so mucked about with i will never be able to sell it and therefore never regret selling it which i have done so many times before. be kind with your comments.

things i have learnt from this bass are noll pre`s are stunning and ramps pretty much doubled my fingering speed overnight. cheers all. ad

hi phil, soundfiles you say. i dont really have a way to record it but i will look into it.

hi scojack. i would recommend doing a midi bass as its easy to do with ghost system. only drawback is the price of the parts. midi bass has come along so far these days that lag is barely noticeable if at all. i will get around to adding the piezo preamp that just plugs into the midi board but have such a crazy amount of dif` bass sounds from the noll pre` that i dont really need any more possibilities.