Why become a member? ×

Ashdown 180 question

Les

Hi all

I'm picking up an Ashdown EB 15-180 EVO II Combo tomorrow to use on smaller gigs but I still want a little PA support via the DI.

I know from downloading the manual that it's post eq, which is fine though I use pre eq from my Trace Elliot but does anyone know what sets the signal going to the desk ? On my trace it's set from the input gain so whatever I do to the master for my onstage monitoring has no effect on the signal level going to the PA.

Will this be the same ? ie with the trace I can just turn the master down and listen to the sound through the PA Or is that just cos' I choose to DI pre eq ?

I know I'll find out at the next gig when I DI it but would like to be forewarned.

thanks

Les

It's been a good while since I've used mine through PA, but I'm pretty certain the master volume doesn't affect the DI level.

I have memories of having to signal our sound guy to mute me at the desk when re-tuning between a couple of songs in our set.