Why become a member? ×

Peavey Fury II

Paul S

On impulse I recently bought one of these on eBay for just £72 - single pickup, active with 3 band eq, skinny neck, lightweight - I didn't think I could go wrong for that money. Very little about them on the internet and never seen one mentioned on here.

I picked it up last night from where I had it delivered. Big surprise - it is very nice! I was expecting it to be much the same as my old Milestone III (but active) but it seems a level or two better. The neck, in particular, is very nice indeed and it has a half-decent Gotoh-style bridge. Not tried it at volume but straight out of the box at practice levels it seems ok with a decent enough range of sounds available from the eq, single pup notwithstanding. Has anyone fiddled with one of these in past - would there be an easy mod such a s a pup upgrade that anyone could recommend?

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick bump on this to see if anyone knows about the pickup? A Peavey VFL pickup - people seem to speak quite highly of it in what little I found - does anyone any experience with them?

Anyway, I gave it a tweak and got the action down a bit and through my rig - TC Classic 450 head and BF Compact - it is unexpectedly good without any mods. Easily good enough to gig with. The 3 band EQ is extremely useable and useful. And that awesome neck!

I'd like to get my hands on a passive fury should one ever come up, there's another one I fancy the look of too, patriot maybe?. I have two T-40s that I'm completely besotted with and would like to know if them building it was more luck than judgement or not.

I understand from the little that is out there that the Fury I (if they called it a 'I' at the start? I am not sure, but the passive P-Bass-a-like that I think you are mentioning) was excellent. Said to be very P. Bass like but with a skinny neck. Made in the USA I think - are the T-40s USA? The Fury II is Korean and a different shape - they got into the skinny horn thing. I was just curious about the pup on this one. The early model Fury basses obviously don't crop up very often as there is little information to be had. Anywa, I am chuffed to bits at getting one for so little.

• 9 years later...

I just bought a used Fury II for my daughter as her first Bass.  I have heard good things about this bass and it made it an easy choice.  I am trying to find a copy of an owners manual for it, so she has everything together.  Any ideas where I can get a copy?  Every one i find is for the Fury not the Fury II.  Even the Peavey website only lists the Fury model and they don't refer to the Fury II at all.  Help is appreciated.

Edited by D1KINGHT
spelling

15 hours ago, D1KINGHT said:

Even the Peavey website only lists the Fury model and they don't refer to the Fury II at all. 

Peavey's website carries zero info for most of their overseas products.

Afraid I can't give you much. Fury II's were Korean builds from 1999 to 2003.  Preamp is +/- 8Db for bass,mids and  highs.