Why become a member? ×

Painting hardware

tomhunt

i'd not reccomend it, it's a pretty fiddly job to get it looking good, you'd probably have to dismantle the hardware to get a good finish and it wouldn't nesseceraliy stick very well without proper surface preperation,

what bass is this? (i looked at your sig and none of the basses have gold hardware as far as i know) i'd price up some replacement black hardware, if the parts are fairly standard (fender for example) you might be able to get the whole lot cheaply on ebay or in the BC classifieds and then sell the gold stuff to get some money back.

Matt

Its my Geddy Lee jazz, last owner had all the hardware replaced with gold stuff Wilkinson and Hipshot stuff. Iv got a threat in the Wanted section on this forum seeing if I can get some sort of trade going. I can get everything but a black BadAss II Bridge.

My girl friends uncle sprays motorbikes, and was going to see if he could do anything, but thought Id see what was what first.

Tom

hmm i wouldn't try it then, the open tuners will be a nightmare to paint and then the black is likely to wear off on the gears, and whatever you do DON'T paint that badass! it will never look as good as a proper black one and you will seriously devalue it.
personally i'd replace what you can like for like and sell the gold badass, then get a different bridge in black (plenty of cheap options) and keep the money ready for when a proper black badass II pops up.

Matt

(edited due to stupidity!)

Edited by Matt P

Here's a decent temporary stopgap:

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPERIOR-QUALITY-BASS-GUITAR-BRIDGE-STRINGS-THROUGH-BODY-BRIDGE-BLACK-BB404-/190584089773?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2c5fb26cad"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPERIOR-QUALITY-BASS-GUITAR-BRIDGE-STRINGS-THROUGH-BODY-BRIDGE-BLACK-BB404-/190584089773?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2c5fb26cad[/url]