Why become a member? ×

FOR SALE: Tokai Hard Puncher 1984 Made In Japan SOLD

bartczak.rafal

For sale:
Tokai Hard Puncher with black pickguard and original Fender Precision Bass Bridge & Pickup Cover Set
Serial number on neck plate: 108221. It is probably 1984 Made In Japan.
It is a used instrument.It does have few small marks on the body as you can see on the photos.
Neck is streight, frets and fretboard are in perfect condition. All metal parts also looks like very good.

Comes with Gigbag.
Price: 460 [color=#555555][font=arial, helvetica][size=3]£ ([/size][/font][/color]UK POUNDS )
Shipping (to UK) 60 [color=#555555][font=arial, helvetica][size=3]£ ([/size][/font][/color]UK POUNDS ) by GLS which is insured and trackable.

I can list this bass on ebay.
For more information please write to me:

More photos on my PICASA web site:

[url="http://picasaweb.google.com/bartczak.rafal/TokaiHardPuncher?authuser=0&feat=directlink"]http://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink[/url]

Edited by bartczak.rafal

That is gorgeous - have a bump.
I have a black '83, exactly the same, but with a R/W fingerboard.
It's the one bass I would save if my house was on fire.
If this is as good as mine, whoever buys this, will cherish it, if they appreciate a mighty fine P-Bass.

Edited by nick

Tokai serial numbers are particularly difficult to decipher. With these Fender clones, a six digit serial simply indicates that the clone is based on a model Fender manufactured between '65 and '76. (The Fender experts might be able to assist in identifying the original Fender model.) As has been mentioned, this is not an '81, as the headstock log (barred "T" in script style) wasn't introduced until into '84. It would be good if you had the original Tokai "model" sticker on the heel of the neck, just above the neck pocket, but, to my eye, this looks like a (T)PB40 or 48. There's a lot of detective work required to pin down a ballpark year of manufacture, particularly with the models which were in production over an extended period.