Why become a member? ×

Lakland Hollowbody fretless Trade for fretted version!!

sshorepunk

I have had my lakland hollowbody fretless for around 12 months and the project I bought it for is working better on fretted bass, but I like this bass and I'm considering having it fretted! So figured I'd ask if anyone has a red fretted version of this they would like to trade for my fretless!

A real long shot I know, but worth a try!

Tony

Lakland have just quoted me $400 for a 55-02 fretless neck... thats about £256 plus shipping at today's exchange rate... it wasn't gonna cost that much less than this for Hugh Manson to de-fret the current neck, and doing it this way I will have some choices. I can't imagine a fretted neck would be any more, as the fretless neck is lined anyway...

Edited by MoJoKe

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1325676831' post='1485884']
Glad that fretless neck is staying fretless. I didn't know it was so easy to get another Lakland neck ... I think my fretted 55-94 might soon be going in the other direction :)

Andy
[/quote]

I have 2 x 55-02's, one STD ash/maple neck the other a sunburst DLX with a rosewood neck. I pondered on the fretless migration for the DLX as the std ash is lighter and has the better feel of the two. My fretless is a Wal Mk1 and while I always said I wouldn't part with it for anything in the world, it never gets used these days as the transition between Wal and Lakland is too great for me to swap live comfortably, and I now totally play 5 strings, so am now going to sell the Wal to fund a 5 string build.

I'd be keen to hear how you get on if you do this. The only comment I would make is that they only do a "lined" fretless neck for the 55-02, which didn't sit too well with me as I prefer the look of an unmarked and unlined neck with just side dots. It may be different with your 55-94 as these are generally more custom in their options...