Why become a member? ×

is there anything that will open an .rfl file (other than Reason)

daz

I have found a disc with 500 mb of 'electric bass samples' on it. I would love to have them to mess about with, but cant open them. I have a vague memory of actually having a copy of [url="http://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/"] Reason [/url]somewhere, but i fear it either went in [i]the big bedroom clear out of of 2011 [/i]or has been mis-labled, as i cant find it. !!

Does anyone know if there Is any free bit of software or shareware will open them ? Audacity wont do it.

EDIT: just found out Audacity does sort of open it, as one massive 500 mb file that if stuffs into one 22 second sample!! (its supposed to be 16 seperate files) then it proceeces to lock up! If it doesent lock up all i hear is warbling high speed gibberish. So still looking for an answer.

Edited by daz

Only Reason will open these files. It's not just the samples but the program (and loop) information for the relevant Reason module(s) to play them.

If you've lost your copy of Reason you can download it from the Propellerhead website and they can resupply with your serial number by following [url=http://www.propellerheads.se/support_area/index.cfm?fuseaction=view_article&Product=11&ProdName=Product%20registration&ArtIDAreaList=341&AreaName=Lost%20your%20license%20number?&Area=24&SupportType=Area&ArtIDList=631,632,633,276,282,283,320,328,341,343,517,455,497,565,568,569,641,576,578,580,581,586,588&ArtID=341]these instructions[/url].