Why become a member? ×

Vanderveen introduces himself.

Vanderveen

Hello people!

I created an account here to PM oli@bass for a potential trade, which did not work out.
I thought well, another bass forum is always fun!

My name is Maas van der Veen, I'm 18 years old and I live in Bussum, Holland.

I have been playing bass for 2 years now, and I'm really enjoying it.
My Gear would be this:

A Musicman Stingray4 2EQ. I got this bass for my 18th birthday. My father always wanted to buy me a watch from my year of birth, but when I showed him this bass for sale, which is from '93, same as me, he obviously decided this would be better than the watch. And goddamn, I absolutely love this bass... It's an animal!

And a Marcus Miller IV, this is a beast! Got this one yesterday, traded it 1 on 1 for the Sandberg TM4 at the local Bassshop.

And my Stingray with the old Sandberg.

I run these trough a bullet cable (24K tips, nice!) into a Tascam interface, which plugs into my Macbook.
From there it's into the Dr. Dre studio headphones or M-Audio BX5A's.

So there you've got my gear, and here is my Soundcloud profile:
[url="http://soundcloud.com/vanderveen-1"]http://soundcloud.com/vanderveen-1[/url]
There's some doodling on there.

Well that's it for now, greets!

Edited by Vanderveen

• 1 month later...

....And the Sandberg is gone.
I put it on sale monday when coming back from school, and found out the local bass shop had a pre-owned Fender Marcus Miller Jazz IV for sale for €900. Went there the next day after school, played it, and fell in love. I asked if he was in for a trade (This is the same shop I bought the Sandberg at two months ago), and after some thinking he agreed. I was so happy, I was home in half the time I normally am, and went back with the Sandberg to finish the deal!

It's a beast, a very special bass.
In active mode, the fingerstyle is bassy and warm, and when you switch to slapping without fiddling with the EQ, the slap is perfect too. I like this thing!