Why become a member? ×

Merry Christmas, Help needed, Billy Sheehan Burn solo.

karlfer

OK , merry Christmas to everybody.
It's 6.55 am, the Snore Monster is still inhaling the curtains and I am going criminally insane.
Cant get this solo out of my head, done loads of searches, can't find any tab for it. Too fast for me to even get staring points despite a great vid from Clive of this very parish.
Band wants to start doing this in January (33 gigs next year and still counting!). Should I just quit the band :lol:
The solo starts at about 1 minute 50.
Any help gratefully accepted

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk5lZhPPVEY[/media]

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1324796507' post='1477855']
OK , merry Christmas to everybody.
It's 6.55 am, the Snore Monster is still inhaling the curtains and I am going criminally insane.
Cant get this solo out of my head, done loads of searches, can't find any tab for it. Too fast for me to even get staring points despite a great vid from Clive of this very parish.
Band wants to start doing this in January (33 gigs next year and still counting!). Should I just quit the band :lol:
The solo starts at about 1 minute 50.
Any help gratefully accepted

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk5lZhPPVEY[/media]
[/quote]

:o

[quote name='arthurhenry' timestamp='1324848417' post='1478121']
[b]I'd start with the original John Lord solo and do your own approximation of it. Then you've just done what Sheehan did.[/b]
[/quote]

Doh, why didn't I think of that :unsure: .
Must ne the sherry in my cornmflakes, thanks arthurhenry

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1324848976' post='1478132']
Doh, why didn't I think of that :unsure: .
Must ne the sherry in my cornmflakes, thanks arthurhenry
[/quote]

You can find music for the original online i "think" some people have posted it around not totally sure. Then onto bass!

If that helps,

Minus the super fast bits the solo isn't overly hard, it's just getting through it all is tough!

Man i love that video, the Sheehan solo is simply stunning, love the tone, and the slower more melodious bit he plays masterfully and it sounds amazing! THIS is why i am a Sheehan lover haha!

Best of luck Karl!

Also the bit at 1:20 is stunning. As is the whole thing. Much love for this as may be far too obvious!

You and your guitarist must have serious chops! There are so many casual sweeps in there,

You play with three fingers right? Take note that the easiest way to play this isn't a straight 321 321 321 way, there is alot of raking and 31's 23's in there (3 being ring finger) which make the string tranistions easier but learning it straight might make it easier for you everyone is different!

Edited by AttitudeCastle