Why become a member? ×

Gear choices!

AndyMorrey

Hello fellow Basschatters!

I have £600 to purchase some new gear with. I would like a Boss RC-3 (with power supply and a few jacks) which leaves me with roughly £400. ( I only have one bass at the moment. A Hohner Arbor precision bass.

Question! Should I spend more of the money on a bass and purchase the pedal at a later date?
Question!! If so which bass should I get?

Help a learning bass player on his way!
4 strings and fretted maple necks/fingerboards are a favourite but if you have any suggestions please let me know!

[quote name='AndyMorrey' timestamp='1324766363' post='1477784']
Hello fellow Basschatters!

I have £600 to purchase some new gear with. I would like a Boss RC-3 (with power supply and a few jacks) which leaves me with roughly £400. ( I only have one bass at the moment. A Hohner Arbor precision bass.

Question! Should I spend more of the money on a bass and purchase the pedal at a later date?
Question!! If so which bass should I get?

Help a learning bass player on his way!
4 strings and fretted maple necks/fingerboards are a favourite but if you have any suggestions please let me know!
[/quote]
1. buy everything used, save the money and watch where the looper takes you.
2. if you see, ask again. ;)

merry christmas.

Edited by the_krysh

Re basses, first off, do you have any favourite bass players? If so, is it because of their tone? If yes, research their gear, and for example, if it turns out they all play Fender Jazzes, start there. Sounding like your faves is a good way to build confidence.

Once you`ve established what type of bass you want, then let your hands decide which you buy. The easiest bass to play will really help you progress.

Re the pedal and budget question, if it were me, I`d get the best bass I could for the money available. If that meant getting the pedal at a later date, so be it. The best playing bass you can get for the money again will really help you progress.