Why become a member? ×

Removing needless holes in pickguard - how?

Immo

What is the best and most efficient way to remove holes in plastic pickguard? It's a PG I probably won't be able to buy (Squier VM 70's TB), and I need to remove holes made by 'those who came before me' - someone installed thumbrest in a ridiculous way, much too angled to be comfortable and obnoxiously unsymmetrical to the pickup (I'm a bit compulsive, you have to understand :D). It looks like this:

What is the most efficient and non-intrusive way to get rid of the holes (especially the lower one, as the higher one could be hidden with correctly placed thumbrest)? As for now, I've used old, brack screw, but I'd like to get rid of the holes.
Any ideas?

Yeah, but I'm in Poland, you see... Not sure if the cost will be worthy...
And, by the way, is there a material of some kind that could be glued to the pickguard without leaving air bubbles, thin and quite solid? Adhesive vinyl foil or something? Maybe I'll use a layer of white foil to create more 'historically accurate' look, something like this:

And I have to admit I admire the custom Telecaster II Bass pickguard with black paisley design, maybe a foil with that pattern would be available...?