Why become a member? ×

Any decent car radio that can play memory sticks?

fatback

I think Santa is going to bring me a new car radio (yaay!), but which one should I ask for?

I really want one that will play MP3s direct from a USB stick and display the folders (albums, that is. Call me old-fashioned). I don't care if it has a CD player or not, but I suppose they all do. I don't need to play from an ipod or phone either.

Any ideas? I've trawled the web but it's pretty confusing. :)

Edited by fatback

[quote name='fatback' timestamp='1324574690' post='1475851']
I think Santa is going to bring me a new car radio (yaay!), but which one should I ask for?

I really want one that will play MP3s direct from a USB stick and display the folders (albums, that is. Call me old-fashioned). I don't care if it has a CD player or not, but I suppose they all do. I don't need to play from an ipod or phone either.

Any ideas? I've trawled the web but it's pretty confusing. :)
[/quote]

Lots do that these days.
I bought a Pioneer something or another just under a year ago, can't recll model but I could fish it out if interested, it cost me £70 or so, and I think it's great. I bought a couple of very small usb sticks, 16Gb, they protrude only about 5mm so they can be left on when removing the fascia and it fits in the case... If you buy these sticks, do NOT get the Lacie MosKeyto keys. I have had two fail within months and it seems it's relatively common. I bought another brand I cannot recall (in the car right now) and had no trouble.

[quote name='fatback' timestamp='1324574690' post='1475851']
Call me old-fashioned...[/quote]
You're old fashioned.

[quote name='MusicLover20015' timestamp='1324575500' post='1475866']
if u dont want to spend much have a look at Aldi...

... it lights up blue...[/quote]
Sold.

Edited by mckendrick

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='MusicLover20015' timestamp='1324575500' post='1475866']
if u dont want to spend much have a look at Aldi. it may not be name branded but Wow its 80 quid or around that area and its got everything. Bluetooth/remote control/memory stick input/usb/the memory cards etc etc It is great and it lights up blue xD
[/quote]

Went for this one - great price @ €59. Good sound too, but can't for the life of me work out how to browse the folders. Any idea?