Why become a member? ×

Avoid this seller at all times!

Clarky72

If you come across an advert for a guitar seller (not on BC) named Paron Ketchup, avoid this guy like the plague! ([email protected])

I noticed an advert on a site he'd posted for his company, Music Trade Ltd, seems there's a few different names, but all with the same email.

Here's the link:
[url="http://t40mafia.englishboard.net/t111-for-sale-peavey-jt-84-john-taylor-signature-electric-bass500-and-many-more"]http://t40mafia.engl...0-and-many-more[/url]

He was offering Peavey Liberator J-84 basses, I thought this was odd as there's only 100 ever made. Don't get me wrong I'd never buy one of those monstrosities even though I'm a JT fan. He has one for sale at $500. His company is based in Aylesbury, Bucks. I asked him for some pics and he sent me photos from someone else's blog page. I asked him why he wanted USD when he lives 15miles away from me?

The price when he came back to me (with shipping) was $1100. I queried the price and it was instantly dropped to $500 and he asked me how many I wanted. How many? There's 100 in the world!! I asked him how many he had and told him I'd seen his photos on another site and he claimed they were his pics, and he said he had quite a few in stock.

He was really pushy to close the deal asap. When I questioned him some more about the authenicity, asking for pics of the certificates he starting getting stroppy just asking if I was going to buy one or not... He wouldn't let me come and pick the guitar up and pay there for it, not that I'd ever buy one, just seeing how far I could push him for fun while bored at work :)

Clearly this is a big scam , when you Google his email address a ton of sites come up with a ton of gear listed. Don't get sucked in by the seemingly too good prices. They are just that.

Anyhow, thought I'd let you al know

Merry Christmas to all!