Why become a member? ×

Lakland 55-94 Translucent White w Sadowsky strings

bplayer

Hello!

I came to a hard decision to part with my beloved Lakland 55-94 in translucent white finish. Made in year 2000.
The bass is in excellent visual and technical condition.

Body: Swamp ash
Neck: Maple
Fretboard: Rosewood
Electronics: Bartolini
Pickups: Bartolini

Comes with original Lakland hard case.

There is an interesting story behind the bass:

I bought the bass couple of years ago in London from former Jamiroquai's bassist Nick Fyffe. I even have pictures to prove it (for those with serious interest :)
Bass is extremely light (3.8-4 kg on digital bathroom scales) as it was request of Nick to Dan Lakin (owner of Lakland) as Nick is a rather small guy.

It is Your chance now to get a piece of history and of course fantastic instrument. As we all know 55-94's have the best H in business. I can also approve this.

Asking 2000 EUR + shipping within Europe Union.

Bass is located in Latvia, Europe Union.

Best regards!

Edited by bplayer

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1324410489' post='1473990']
I very nearly bought this bass from Nick when he first had it up for sale a few years ago, and I can attest to its light weight. If only it had a maple board! :rolleyes: Best of luck with the sale.
[/quote]

Me too- well it was offered! Quite a few years ago.
I popped down to London and into the Gallery- Paul Turner was selling his, I had a phonecall from a mate of Nick Fyffe who worked there at the time but ended up buying a 55-94 that belonged to Wayne Stobbard who played with Simply Red.
Great basses. My main bass for over 10 yrs now.