Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb 4 => NOW SOLD!

Bassdude BE

Hi, i've recently found out that i'm more comfortable playing a 5 string and therefore would like to replace my 4 string thumb with a similar 5 string.

I'm looking for trades ( + cash either way is possible)
and will consider both fretted and fretless basses as i'm looking to buy/trade one of each.

Considering the recent upgrades (see below) i would set the trade-value of the thumb around 750GBP ,
cash price would be [color=#FF0000][b] => NOW 720 GBP !!![/b][/color]
wich seems reasonable as i've already been offered that much for the bass the last time it was for sale.

[u]possible trades are :[/u]

- the thumb for a fretted or fretless corvette + cash my way
- a high end 5 string warwick for the thumb + cash your way
- a fretted AND a fretless corvette for the thumb + cash your way

- might also consider other offers, w.h.y.g???

[u]Now for some more info about the bass:[/u]

The Thumb has been fitted with a brand new battery compartment , jack & pre-amp wiring.
i also added a brand new set of Gotoh Res-o-Lite tuners in black chrome (value >100GBP!) and new Dunlop recessed straplocks.

This bass was made in '98 and is one of the last German custom shop basses with the slim profile three piece wenge neck and (striped) Bubinga body,the bass looks absolutely mint and is therefore a rare collectors item AND a real players bass all in one.
It has the new MEC 3 band active pre-amp, with active/passive push/pull switch and has a huge range of tones suited for almost any kind of music!
(I myself found the bass to sound absolutely killer in passive mode combined with a tube amp! )

I've invested a decent amount of cash in new parts for this bass over the last few months and it's no doubt the best sounding bass i've ever owned (and i've had plenty...) so i'm not letting this go for a stupid low price, but reasonable offers are welcome.

I will ad a (new) spare can of Warwick wax to the deal as well as a premium line Warwick gigbag and a spare set of 45-105 EB strings.
Also i have a modified Jackson hradcase wich i will ad to the deal.

[u]specifications:[/u]

body: striped bubinga
neck: three piece wenge neck
fretboard: wenge
frets: bellbrass
tuners: brand new (!) Gotoh Res-o-Lite tuners (only 35grams each, these really reduce the neck dive!)
pre-amp: MEC 3-band EQ with active/passive push/pull switch
pick-up's: MEC J/J
straplocks: brand new (!) Dunlop recessed straplocks
extra's: Warwick premium line gigbag / Can of Warwick wax

lots of detailed pictures of the thumb and parts can be found here:
[url="https://picasaweb.google.com/114784379631091607043/Thumb"]https://picasaweb.go...091607043/Thumb[/url]#

Any questions, please ask!

I will ship worldwide, here in Belgium courier services are still reasonably cheap, so i can probably make a good price for shipping.
shipping withing EU (UK) will cost between 25-40GBP depending on your location.
I can ship to the U.S. at a starting rate of 90GBP, please send me an email if you want an accurate shipping quote for your location.

kind regards,
Peace & Grooves,
Don.

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1325110355' post='1480003']
any love for a 2eq ray? black black maple
[/quote]

Is it a 5 string?
otherwise i haveto say that i'm not that intrested in another 4string stingray as i already get a "near perfect stingray sound" from my thumb sometimes (IF i manage to find the right EQ setting) and i also feel the thumb offers a bigger variety in sounds than the stingray that i used to have.

(At the moment i'm also thinking about another offer concerning a Marleaux consat 5 lined fretless vs the thumb+ cash, sounds temping, but i don't know yet if i will be able to pay for that...)

thanks for the offer,
Don.

Edited by Bassdude BE