Why become a member? ×

How long before I complain??

cliffyspliff

Hi all,
I bought a Markbass cmd102p (and New York ext cab) at the end of july and it was great until the main fuse (the one positioned where the kettle lead enters the amp) blew about 3 weeks ago.

I phoned Proel first of all and spoke to their technical department and they told me the amp would need to come in for repair as it could be a serious problem and just changing the fuse wouldnt do any good.

Ok, so with the amp being under six months old I got in touch with Gak, who i bought the amp off and they arranged a courier to come and pick it up. Great.

Ive not however heard anything else up to this point so I phoned Gak yesterday trying to chase up how long the amp will need to be away and to be honest, they couldnt give me any information. They did however tell me that as soon as they hear anything they will let me know.

So, with it now coming up to about 3 weeks since my amp was sent away and with it being so new and Markbass` apparently great reputation, My question is:

How long do you think I should give it before I start complaining about the length of time its been away??

Im in a real busy band and wanted to go down the good sound and portability route. I find im now back to lumping my heavy Ampeg gear around again to gigs. The Ampeg stuff sounds great but kind of defeats the object of buying the light weight stuff in the first place.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Sean.

[quote name='LawrenceH' timestamp='1323772064' post='1466696']
Tbh there is no harm in being a (polite, to start with) pain in the a&*e and it's often the best way, especially at a busy time like the lead-up to Christmas. I'd be nagging them daily at this point.
[/quote]

+1

Three weeks sounds far too long to me.

Last company I worked for offered a lifetime warranty and aimed to turn around repairs within one day.

Are they using a proper 'returns authorisation' system whereby they issue you a job number and can track things at every stage of the repair process?

They are either not taking this repair seriously or are snowed under with repairs - not a great recommendation either way.

[i]There has been no job number given out but in fairness to GAK they got the amp picked up really quickly, as in the next morning, so my complaint is not so much with them.[/i]

[i]Ive read somewhere though that Proels service (main distributor for markbass stuff in the UK) is painfully slow and they charge a fortune.[/i]

[i]I guess this is what gets me, if your paying top dollar for something you expect top dollar service.........and Markbass stuff aint cheap.[/i]

I had really great service from a chap at Proel last year who sent me a circuit diagram and instructions on how to change the effects loop of my LMIII from parallel to series. It may be worth dropping him a line and asking if he can give you an update on the status of your amp repair ([email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]).

I have to say MarkBass were super for me, I had a CL108 cab and from new one of the speakers was busted (I assume a shake in transit)
They got a new speaker to the dealer in question within 3 days and I went in to give back the bust one and get the new one.
They offered to ship it to me but the shop was local.