Why become a member? ×

Ampeg BA-115 vs. Orange Crush Pix CR100BXT

Sean Quinn

unfortunately not i don't have a chance to try out the orange because my local store does not have it in stock to be honest I think I might could with the Orange because it seems more veristile with the low mids and high mids and easier to transport with the side handle any one else have any opinions?

I've owned an Orange Crush Pix CR[b]50[/b]BXT & an Ampeg BA-115. Not quite what you asked but pretty similar. I found the Ampeg tilt a tad unstable but probably more versatile with the 5 tone options it offers. The Orange had a really nice tone overall but mine was just a practice amp version. I'm kind of with StraightSix here in that it comes down to personal taste. Personally I'd probably lean towards the Orange just because the colour stands out but tonally both were fine. And again with xgsjx I'd favour a second hand bargain as the resale value of amps (especially in the current climate) suggests it's very much a buyers market right now