Why become a member? ×

P pickup choices

JoshL

Ok, so this is looking like it might be a slightly more substacial project as the bridge is slightly damaged/broken so is probably going to be replaced, thinking of giving it a new pickgaurd as well and a set of flatwound strings. Think the pickup has been narrowed down to either the wizard thumper or the emg p-x but what would you lot recomend for the bridge, strings and pickgaurd, the bass is currently blue if thats any help and I'm not planning on changing that anytime soon.

Gotoh bridges are pretty good if you're after a high mass jobbie, or if you're after something more traditional, i've heard good things about the Wilkinson ones. As for strings, it's horses for courses. I personally like Fender's own brand flats, with a big plus being they can be bought in a multitude of guages for under £20 from strings direct. And if you need a new pickguard, have a word with Bass Doc on here, he will make you a new one in your choice of finish using the original as a template to give an exact fit.