Why become a member? ×

Overwater Perception Deluxe FT *SOLD*

jdizzle

Hi guys,

Since getting a new ACG, the Overwater isn't getting much attention so I'm looking to trade it for a fretless. The Overwater itself is in close to mint condition save for the smallest of marks on the headstock. No marks on the body and everthing else is in perfect working order.

In terms of trades, I'm pretty open. My preference would be for a lined 5er with a 34" scale neck but any kind of fretless may be of interest.

The full specs are:[list]
[*]Walnut body
[*]Burl alder top
[*]3pc maple neck
[*]Maple fretboard
[*]Overwater pick-ups and pre (the Overwater pre's are made by John East and the pick-ups are wound by Aarron Armstrong)
[*]Ebony playing ramp (fitted by the Bass Gallery in London and is detachable)
[*]24 fret
[*]Hipshot tuners and bridge
[/list]
The pre is a 3band and there is also a bright boost function which is accessed by pulling up the volume knob.

Any questions, let me know. I'm based in London.

Cheers,

J.

Edited by jdizzle

[quote name='TorVic' timestamp='1323204581' post='1460622']
Damn, I had a Shuker 6 FL on sale till last month! No FL to offer now :)
Is there a sale price for this bass?
[/quote]

A Shuker fretless would have been ideal. In terms of a selling price, I'd be looking for around £950 which would include a hiscox case. Although, looking at the selling price of some other Overwaters at the moment, I'd be hard pushed to get that. :)

J.

Edited by jdizzle

[quote name='Ziphoblat' timestamp='1323215473' post='1460799']
It's a long shot, but I don't suppose I could interest you with my [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/161639-ebmm-usa-02-rosewood-3eq-stingray-price-drop/"]Stingray[/url] plus a bit of cash?
[/quote]

I'm really looking for a fretless. Cool finish on that ray though. Good luck with your sale. :)

J

Edited by jdizzle

Don't think I could afford the cash price unless I sell one of my basses to raise more funds.

I am not too familiar with Overwater basses. Are these single coil PUPs? In terms of the sound, how close (or far) would this one be to a Fender Marcus Miller (MIJ) Jazz bass? (I know that it is a bit of a stretch - the only thing I see in common is the Maple fretboard.)

[quote name='TorVic' timestamp='1323276983' post='1461510']
Don't think I could afford the cash price unless I sell one of my basses to raise more funds.

I am not too familiar with Overwater basses. Are these single coil PUPs? In terms of the sound, how close (or far) would this one be to a Fender Marcus Miller (MIJ) Jazz bass? (I know that it is a bit of a stretch - the only thing I see in common is the Maple fretboard.)
[/quote]
[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1323278317' post='1461534']
to me... i dont know much about overwater basses tho... but there's nothing that seems comparable to me in those basses....
[/quote]

Trying to describe tone is never an easy thing but what I would say is that the Overwater certainly doesn't sound like a jazz bass. The pick-ups themselves are a dual coil humbucking design wired in parrallel I'm guessing; very modern and transparent tone that doesn't colour ones sound. Just a great sounding bass really and the maple board does give it a sharp snap when slapping. Combine that with the bright boost function by pulling up the treble control and you'll be funkin' for Jamaica in no time :)

Unfortunately I don't have any sound clips but I did use it on a recording session recently enough which might give an idea of how it sits in a mix.

[url="http://soundcloud.com/filthywhisky"]http://soundcloud.com/filthywhisky[/url]

J.

Edited by jdizzle

[quote name='TorVic' timestamp='1323293614' post='1461800']
Hi J, Those are some neat tunes (especially Borderline) and very good recordings too! Thanks for sharing it.
I really like the sound of the bass in it. I am going to give a serious think about it. Cheers, Vic.
[/quote]

Cool Vic. If you're in North London, feel free to come round and have a play if you like. I'm in Hoxton and make a decent cuppa. :)

J