Why become a member? ×

SOLD!!!

Jamo

Not really using my Rickenbacker at the moment and I've been aching to up grade to an all valve amplifier but cost has proved prohibitive. I've had this up previously for trade, thanks to those who offered me amps, some great gear but nothing that immediately made me go YES! Think a cash deal will allow me more choice and flexibility with what I can get head wise.

Its a 1981 USA made (according to the serial number - UA077) 4003 Rickenbacker. It's definately black though interestingly under certain lights it appears a dark green colour, is that what they call 'jetglow'?. It is used rarely at the moment, however it has had heavy use in the past. Whilst it's no worse for it, cosmetically it's far from immaculate. That stated I believe the wear looks good and I know the slightly fatigued look is desirable with some folk. I think it looks well for 30 years of use.

Everything I believe is as original other than replacement screws holding the machineheads together.

I'd value the bass at £1000, so I guess the person who makes the closest acceptable offer will be the winner! Feel free to offer me more trades. Valve gear by Ampeg. Mesa Boogie, Orange, Matamp is of particular interest...

I'm based in Leeds and have no transport myself. Don't know if thats relevant at this time. I'm thinking that using a courier isn't ideal but we can look at crossing this bridge when/if we come to it.

Here is the previous listing:- [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/160405-trade-feeler-my-1981-rickenbacker-4003-for-your-valve-head/"]http://basschat.co.u...our-valve-head/[/url]

And here is some photo's. I've tried to be as honest as possible with the photographs reguarding the flaws. Hopefully this will avoid any disputes down the line...

Edited by Jamo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My third post on this thread, honestly... as Lozz says, this should be WAAAAY gone by now. Interesting it also has the somewhat sought-after split PG, not something you see very often (must have been an early 80's thing, my '82 has the same? Ric aficionados im sure can enlighten us)

[quote name='Stag' timestamp='1325278509' post='1481778']
My third post on this thread, honestly... as Lozz says, this should be WAAAAY gone by now. Interesting it also has the somewhat sought-after split PG, not something you see very often (must have been an early 80's thing, my '82 has the same? Ric aficionados im sure can enlighten us)
[/quote]

Early 4003 models had an updated truss rod design and for some reason they were made to be adjustable from the body end - hence the split guard to access them, without the need for taking the whole control panel off. It wasn't that successful a method (fiddly), it was dropped and the adjustment moved back the headstock as per the previous 4001 and 4000 models.

Have a new years eve bump!