Why become a member? ×

Basses you have never seen before!

BottomE

After years of being in the bass playing world it gets harder to be surprised cos there is only so much bass gear. Or is there? From another thread i nicked this picture as i am a bit stunned by the beauty of the black Hamer. Its the first time i have seen one of these.

What basses have you stumbled upon that you never knew existed?

When I was looking for a really good fretless, I spent several weeks working my way through all the bass manufacturer/luthier links on Bass Bunny (remember them) and the Bas Extravaganza site. At the time nearly all the links turned up new manufacturers making interesting instruments that I'd never seen before.

I ended using the results in my [url=http://basschat.co.uk/topic/5525-weird-wonderful-basses]Weird & Wonderful[/url] thread.

Because of this there's not so much that's new to me these days. The last new bass site I found worthy of book-marking was the [url=http://cataldobasses.com/]JAEBird[/url].

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1321823583' post='1443557']
I knew of the Guild B301/302 but I stumbled upon the B402-A completely by accident. I instantly wanted one. About a month later, I got one. Amazing how these things happen sometimes.

[/quote]

Wow. Stunning. My dad had a Guild he played in a blues band and it weighed a ton. He always talks highly of it.