Why become a member? ×

Warwick corvette $$

kevbass

Hello all, here's some pictures that were kindly supplied by the bass' previous owner, Im getting the nut replaced tommorow. Its a fantastic bass.

It appears to be brighter than it is in these pics, its actually quite a deep red touching on burgundy, its pretty light weight aswell and balances nicely when you wear it. I love it.

Edited by kevbass

Lovely example! I'd like one in Ocean Blue with Silver Hardware. What's the betting It'll cost an arm and a leg? (semi-custom ahoy!)
One is next on my hitlist, but I fear it's a long way off.

There's a counterpoint to what we call GAS.
In Hi-Fi circles, it's called WAF.

WIFE ACCEPTANCE FACTOR

And normally relates to (stereo) loudspeakers being too large/unsightly.

It also seems to occur when you own >10 Bass Guitars!

Are they Swamp Ash (apart from the £1200 "Swirly" Bubinga ones)?

I've had a gut-full of Ash basses, and need something different. I hope they're lighter than either the Zebrano-bodied Infinities or Maple-bodied Streamers!

If it has Warwick Red Labels on it, It deserves better strings, Black Labels, Elixirs or DRs (FatBeams) would be my choices, although the Rotos on my Streamer sound good.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='16763' date='Jun 13 2007, 11:39 AM']Lovely example! I'd like one in Ocean Blue with Silver Hardware. What's the betting It'll cost an arm and a leg? (semi-custom ahoy!)
One is next on my hitlist, but I fear it's a long way off.[/quote]

not as much as you think, theres not a custom shop charge, you only pay for the custom options, i would reckon that your custom options, would cost you about £100 extra.