Why become a member? ×

nova pedals by tc

0175westwood29

been looking at these pedals online as im looking to save some space on my pedal board and was wondering if anyone has tried these pedals out?

im looking to save some space on my board so i looked at the nova modulator first by combining my chorus, flanger etc into one pedal it would save me alot of room and this pedal would give me more effects to, like vibrato and trem (i might never use them but there there) also its got two effect engines(as they put it) so i can mix chorus with trem etc if i wanted? or have two chorus going at once, or six as they have tri chorus!

but im wondering if any of you guys have tried one out?

also i have got in to reverb on my bass recently and tc also do a reverb pedal in the nova series which looks and sounds awesome! lots of diferent types to choose from, so same question again really!? anyone tried it?

the alternatives that ive looked at are the line 6 mm4 (bigger than the nova pedals) and the boss rv-5. both are stereo outs and ins like the tc stuff.

so what you think?

andy

I have the Nova Dynamics pedal - so can't comment specifically on the Nova modulation pedals, however, I've owned quite an array of TC rack processors. I would put money on the pedal equivalent sounding incredible too. The Nova Dynamics has got to be one of the best compressor pedals on the market and TC are well known for being leaders in the signal processing market - especially in time based effects such as delay, reverb and modulation.

As for the pedal itself, it is really well made, rock solid and dead easy to navigate. Yup, they'd be on my shopping list when looking for such a pedal!

Doooooood

ive seen the dynamics pedal!

but im never really sure the best way to use a compressor!?

im stuck at the minute, do i get the nova reverb or the hall of fame mini pedal? the nova style pedal has the ability to save a preset so i have two reverbs on tap, which i like. the hall of fame is really similar to the nova bar the preset and there less reverbs to choose from.

im def gonna try and grab a modulator and ive decided to replace my ehx memory boy with the nova repeater ( when i have the money that is! )

andy