Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Francis Hylton

Pete Academy

I'm not sure how many of you have seen the Incognito 30th Anniversary DVD, but I would highly recommend it. You will not hear any better musicianship. The keyboard player is jaw-droppingly good.

The bassist, Francis Hylton, has to be the best unknown I've ever heard. Phenomenal. And there's a guest appearance by Randy Hope-Taylor. It doesn't get any better than this.

I urge you to check this out.

Francis is excellent. I must admit my favourite Incognito bassist is Julian Crampton. I saw JC live in a small venue in Kendal this time last year and he was ridiculous.

This track N.O.T sounds great though. Anyone know if he plays his TRB basses live or is he using jazz basses?

Edited by M-N-Y

[quote name='M-N-Y' timestamp='1321090643' post='1435231']
Francis is excellent. I must admit my favourite Incognito bassist is Julian Crampton. I saw JC live in a small venue in Kendal this time last year and he was ridiculous.

This track N.O.T sounds great though. Anyone know if he plays his TRB basses live or is he using jazz basses?
[/quote]yes im a big fan of julian Crampton... was watching a band called Down to the Bone at the jazz cafe, he was laying down some serious bass grooves.. his slap solo was fantastic.... met him back stage. lovely man.. alot of the time Francis plays Atelier Z jazz basses...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

So - a year or more onwards and Francis is still the man.

Went to see Incognito at the Jazz Cafe tonight and they were on absolutely top form - one of the best performances I've seen from them.

Purely by chance I ended up about 3-4 people from the stage and right in the perfect sightline to watch everything Francis was playing, also getting a fair bit of stage sound from his MarkBass rig.

Some absolutely amazing playing and so effortless as well. Top, top player :)