Why become a member? ×

Hartke HX112 Hydrive

JMBassist

my favourite part is the clarity in tone. The high mids can cut through anything. Also it has an amazing warmth similar to that of the aguilar cabs. I have never tried epifani cabs though so i couldnt compare.

Ps. The Hartke cabs are very light. I once carried one in each arm to a mates house and only had to put the down twice (btw im incredibly small and weak)

I have a pair of HX112's and so does TinyViking on this very forum too! - I know that he has had his out for a gig or few already so will be able to respond to how they sound up loud, but my pair are yet to go out of the house! I'm hoping that will change soon! - The Hydrives are warmer sounding than their XL range counterparts but still retain that extra bite that the alu' cones give. I've found that as my own bass is quite a bright instrument, I am happy backing the tweeter off on the HyDrive cabs, but there's definitely lots of punch and low end there. I recommend getting your hands on 'em to try out.