Why become a member? ×

Trade my Lakland 55-02 DLX for your JO/DJ5 or 55-02 Fretless

MoJoKe

I am really loving my laklands, but have 2 x 55-02s, and of the two prefer the maple neck feel, but otherwise the two feel/do the same so is there anyone out there who would like to trade my absolutely mint 55-02 DLX in three tone sunburst/rosewood neck for any (equally mint) Jazz 5ver?

[indent=1]OK, having further thoughts about this...[/indent]

[indent=1]I also have a Wal Mk1 Fretless which I rarely use, as I find the trasition between 5 to 4 and back quite a challenge when playing live.[/indent]

[indent=1]I may trade the Wal another time, but I would be keen to explore the possibility of trading this 55-02 for a 5 string fretless, Lakland (55-02) ideally, but must have 35" scale, so I have a fretless/fretted pair. Much more useful![/indent]

I'll gladly post/email more pics if anyone interested!

[attachment=92629:Growler!.jpg]

Edited by MoJoKe

[quote name='Rumble' timestamp='1321087381' post='1435208']
Does this have the Lakland or Bart PUPs and pre?
[/quote]

Hi Rumble,

This is a completely standard 55-02 DLX dated August 09 from the serial number, it has lakland pickups.. I bought it here in January from one of our chums, its immaculate and it still has the plastic on the rear plate. My two basses are so similar in sound/feel, I just think I need something different, and I prefer the look/feel of the stadard one, which also has lakland pup/pre

OK, having further thoughts about this...

I also have a Wal Mk1 Fretless which I rarely use, as I find the trasition between 5 to 4 and back quite a challenge when playing live.

I may trade the Wal another time, but I would be keen to explore the possibility of trading this 55-02 for a 5 string fretless, Lakland (55-02) ideally, but must have 35" scale, so I have a fretless/fretted pair. Much more useful!

Let me know what you've got!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1321382921' post='1438563']
... I would be keen to explore the possibility of trading this 55-02 for a 5 string fretless, Lakland (55-02) ideally, but must have 35" scale, so I have a fretless/fretted pair. Much more useful!
[/quote]

It took me [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/30453-fretless-5-unlined-sorted/page__st__40"]two years to find my 55-02 fretless[/url]. Thought about getting your fretted one converted ? A simple defret wouldn't be exorbitant, and a new fingerboard (which wouldn't be cheap admittedly) would also give you the option of going unlined, which you won't get on a factory 55-02. You might get a quicker result than me that way.

BTW my fretless 5ers are staying put :) The 55-02 is my favourite bass at the moment so it's going nowhere :)

Andy