Why become a member? ×

Thorun new EP, with some hefty bass sections ;)

Chest Rockwell

Hey all,

I know not all of yer are into the distorted heavy bass stoner grooves that my band tries to lay down, but you might be interested to see (hear) a bass player giving a bass push in amongst the riff-hem.

even though I'm 38 and first plonked about on bass when i was 17, I've never really dug into the art; I dont slap or owt... but Im well into groove and Metal, so trying to add a few touches that spice up a band is a challenge for me, such that it doesnt detract from the overall tune, that i've been enjoying... and i hope to put more effort and add more touches in future.

I'm rather happy with the bass sound on this recording as the distorted and the clear parts come out quite well. We basically recorded the whole thing live, 5 tracks all in one go, then overdubbed two guitar solos and computer-magic tweaked a very few missed notes/beats or unwanted feedback/bleed. pretty happy with it tbh. it's not perfect or super pro, it is what it is, but for £150 and one days work (except the writing!), with the engineer dude spending a bit more time mastering...

Enjoy! (or be appauled, as the case may be! :) )

[url="http://thorun.bandcamp.com/album/chorus-of-giants-ep-new-release"]http://thorun.bandcamp.com/album/chorus-of-giants-ep-new-release[/url]

1. Once I Was A Champion 06:01
2. Ivan The Terrible 08:09
3. Dark Ocean Song 01:46
4. Chorus of Giants 05:38
5. God Particle 04:53
6. Hipster Circle Pit 05:35

• 8 months later...