Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline 'Daryl Jones' 4 String in Lake Placid Blue **WITHDRAWN**

Hutton

Up for sale is my 2007 Lakland DJ4 in Lake Placid Blue with Rosewood fingerboard. The bass was made in Korea and is fitted with Lakland pickups. Included in the sale will be; an aftermarket hard case, the Lakland gig bag and a Hipshot X-tender which I removed and replaced with the correct Hipshot tuner. The only mark on the bass is small and hardly noticeable but I have included it in the photographs for the sake of transparency.

This is an extremely well-made, nice sounding, and playable bass. I will be happy to answer any questions which potential purchasers may have.

I am looking for £750 which will include delivery to the UK only.

Edited by Hutton

Hi Sven,

I actually live in a town called Keith in Scotland. My name is Hutton.

Anyway, I have played the DJ4 through both rigs with very satisfying results. I don't think that one is necessarily better than the other, just different. One is a 300 watt 1X12 with the other being 500 watts and a 4X10. Both rigs are excellent.

Thanks for your question.

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1319819118' post='1419006']
Wow, I never ever thought I would see this for sale Hutton. Got your eye on something else?
[/quote]

I know Michael. However, I have just bought another precision and had to make a decision based on finance and not on my desire to have the DJ4 in my collection.

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1319819663' post='1419017']

I know Michael. However, I have just bought another precision and had to make a decision based on finance and not on my desire to have the DJ4 in my collection.
[/quote]

Wow, real shame. Have a bump on me for a superb bass.

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1319820030' post='1419024']

Wow, real shame. Have a bump on me for a superb bass.
[/quote]

You're too kind Michael. I have to be honest and say that if this doesn't go then I won't be disappointed. It'll just have to stay in my collection and finance be damned! :)

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1319821248' post='1419046']

You're too kind Michael. I have to be honest and say that if this doesn't go then I won't be disappointed. It'll just have to stay in my collection and finance be damned! :)
[/quote]

I think that sounds like a good plan to me :) Keep it and worry about the money later :)

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1319895061' post='1419830']
I can vouch for Hutton as being a top bloke who really knows his stuff. Whoever buys this stunning bass will not be disappointed.

Best of luck with the sale.
[/quote]

Thanks for your kind comments Andy.

I have decided that I really like this bass too much to let it go. The lady of the house agrees - what a woman! So thanks for all the interest and the kind posts but the DJ4 is now withdrawn. Hooray!!!

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I know this is an old topic, though...

This bass seems to be on sale on ebay at the moment. It has the same nick just below the input jack. I'm guessing its not the original owner as the person selling it is living in Oldham Greater Manchester. Does any one know the sale history? If it is the same bass, the current owner must have had it just a couple of months...

Cheers,

James

[quote name='James Stathatos' timestamp='1336062985' post='1640390']
Hi,

I know this is an old topic, though...

This bass seems to be on sale on ebay at the moment. It has the same nick just below the input jack. I'm guessing its not the original owner as the person selling it is living in Oldham Greater Manchester. Does any one know the sale history? If it is the same bass, the current owner must have had it just a couple of months...

Cheers,

James
[/quote]

If you look elsewhere on the for sale forum you will see that the current owner is trying to trade the DJ4. I traded the bass with the current owner who also has the bass available on ebay. There is nothing unusual about that. There is also nothing unusual that the current owner has only had the bass a few months. If you don't mind me saying this is a rather strange way to introduce yourself to basschat. Why do you feel it necessary to point all this out by resurrecting this old thread? Old for sale threads often confuse the matter and are better left in the archives.

Sorry Hutton, I didn't know I was breaking any rules :)

I'm new to bass chat so not sure how you do things properly. This is the thread that I found the pix showing it might be the same bass so it made sense to me to post on here. I'm just asking cause I'm interested in the bass myself and thought I'd find out the history. I would just have expected someone spending X hundreds of pounds on a bass to want to keep it a while before giving up on it. Maybe thats just me so fair enough...

Anyway, thanks to all for your input :)