Why become a member? ×

Not Selling Until Further Notice..............FRETLESS 4 String basses...PRICE DROP now £750........ one now sold

mybass

FRETLESS CUSTOM 4 STRING BASS……..
£750 … no case. (Was £850)

Specifications:…

Lightweight 6 lb 12 oz. SINGLE piece Swamp Ash body wood finished with eight coats of "Tru Oil".
Three piece rock maple wood neck.
34" Scale.

Nut width @ 1.5+ inches/almost 40mm. ( A little over a Jazz bass width)...
12th "fret" @ 2.1"/55mm.
Neck depth: Nut … almost 1"/ 25mm ….
12th fret..almost 1 1/8th" 27mm.
Ebony fingerboard @ 6.5mm middle thickness.

Approx. compound radius of 10" nut end to 15".
Fingerboard has had a coat of Yamaha Bore oil.
Large 3mm side "black" abalone dots.
Note..side position dots are where the fret(s) would have been.
The 1st and 2nd octave positions have double dots to be played centre of these two dots.
The neck is a bolt on design, joined by four recessed alan key head bolts that thread through the body
into brass threaded inserts into neck heel wood.

Maple neck and headstock rear finish is Danish oil.
Headstock front finish is "Tru oil".
Headstock rear has a Walnut veneer.
Seymour Duncan "Active Jazz AJJ" pickups. (Single battery power quoted on SD site as approx. 1000 hours battery life).
Tone and Volume controls for each pickup.
Stereo barrel jack output, engages battery when the jack plug is inserted.
Schaller black "3D" bridge used for string width, height and intonation setting. Currently approx. 19 mm string spacing.
Schaller black machine heads.
Currently strung with "Galli" nickel strings of 105/85/65/45 gauge.

( mp3 soundclip available, please PM me for it. Too difficult at present to load anything above 1.3Mb onto Basschat).

[color=#0000ff](I have another fretless bass in UK Rippled Ash/same hardware etc. slight change in string height/neck to body setting). [/color][color=#ff0000]THIS ONE NOW SOLD.[/color]

The bass was initially requested to be made for a shop selling new, custom and cheaper instruments.

My custom built basses have usually sold from £1150-£1250.
The instrument can be seen in NE Hants/Bordon/Farnham/Hindhead area.
I play fretless bass as a pro player and have designed - built my own basses for many years. I have usually only built basses for other players on order.

Edited by mybass

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1319719349' post='1417677']
£850 ovno … no case.

Lightweight 6 lb 12 oz. SINGLE piece Swamp Ash body wood finished with eight coats of "Tru Oil".
34" Scale.

12th "fret" @ 2.1"/55mm.

The 1st and 2nd octave positions have double dots to be played centre of these two dots.
The neck is a bolt on design, joined by four recessed alan key head bolts that thread through the body

Seymour Duncan "Active Jazz AJJ" pickups. (Single battery power quoted on SD site as approx. 1000 hours battery life).
Schaller black "3D" bridge used for string width, height and intonation setting. Currently approx. 19 mm string spacing.

(I do have an mp3 soundclip but will not try to load it here, please PM me for it. Too difficult at present to load anything above 1.3Mb onto Basschat).

(I have another fretless bass in UK Rippled Ash/same hardware etc slight change in string height/neck to body setting).

The bass was initially requested to be made for a shop selling new, custom and cheaper instruments.

I play fretless bass as a pro player and have designed - built my own basses for many years. I have usually only built basses for other players on order.
[/quote]
bump

• 2 weeks later...

£795 ovno … no case. (Was £850)

34" Scale.

12th "fret" @ 2.1"/55mm.

( mp3 soundclip available, please PM me for it. Too difficult at present to load anything above 1.3Mb onto Basschat).

[color=#0000ff](I have another fretless bass in UK Rippled Ash/same hardware etc. slight change in string height/neck to body setting).[/color]

[/quote]
BUMP for new price

[/quote]
Why not upload a sound clip to [url="http://soundcloud.com/dashboard"]http://soundcloud.com/dashboard[/url] then post the link on here.

Beautiful bass. I love the combination of a black fingerboard and ash body. Pity I'm not in the market for a new bass.

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1320598683' post='1428798']
Why not upload a sound clip to [url="http://soundcloud.com/dashboard"]http://soundcloud.com/dashboard[/url] then post the link on here.

Beautiful bass. I love the combination of a black fingerboard and ash body. Pity I'm not in the market for a new bass.
[/quote]
Thanks Bassbus for your helpful thoughts but I'm a bit lazy, easier if any serious buyer pm'd me and then I can also add any more details.

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1320598462' post='1428793']
I have had dealings with Mr Stroud in the past and not only is he a superb Bass Player (I wish I had your CV Pete!) he's a really nice guy too.

I wish I had the funds. This bass looks superb

Cheers

Nick
[/quote]
thanks Nick..the bass is selling below its 'RRP' price now! Part of a small contingent of basses made for another project which due to the shops situation, didn't really take off.

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1320600207' post='1428826']
thanks Nick..the bass is selling below its 'RRP' price now! Part of a small contingent of basses made for another project which due to the shops situation, didn't really take off.
[/quote]

bump

34" Scale.

12th "fret" @ 2.1"/55mm.

[color=#0000ff](I have another fretless bass in UK Rippled Ash/same hardware etc. slight change in string height/neck to body setting).[/color]

[/quote]

Bump

Nice bass but not easy to figure out the sound of this fretless.

A better "commercial" approach would have been to offer something to ear ... please take one minute to link your sound clip !

I'm actually in search of a fretless to complete my collection...

Edited by Zekragash

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1320600112' post='1428824']
Thanks Bassbus for your helpful thoughts but I'm a bit lazy, easier if any serious buyer pm'd me and then I can also add any more details.
[/quote]

Some people might then be a bit lazy about buy your bass.

[quote name='Zekragash' timestamp='1321907982' post='1444372']

A better "commercial" approach would have been to offer something to ear ... please take one minute to link your sound clip !

[/quote]

Er, you can get a soundclip from me...........

"( mp3 soundclip available, please PM me for it. Too difficult at present to load anything above 1.3Mb onto Basschat).

this is part of my posting. I, along with many others have had problems loading pics / mp3's onto Basschat. I think it is because the capacity to load any SINGLE pic/mp3 has to be well below the TOTAL capacity allowed for one posting.
Of course, everyone should post an mp3 of the bass's sound they are selling as every bass sounds different.
Maybe you have pm'd me, I'll have a look and then I can send an mp3 to you.
It took me more than one minute to try and load the mp3, very frustrating.
All praise to the chaps running the site but even they know many of us have had problems.
I do of course presume that any serious potential buyer for a complete custom/hand made fretless bass would have pm'd me for further information.

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1321910433' post='1444410'] Some people might then be a bit lazy about buy your bass. [/quote]

please see previous reply to a newbie Zekragash.........
I do try to and give as much info as possible. I can understand that any serious buyer would ike to know as much as possible.
A soundclip is rarely added to any bass being sold. I have been pm'd for soundclips. Please pm me if you would like one.

[quote name='Zekragash' timestamp='1321907982' post='1444372']

[/quote]

34" Scale.

12th "fret" @ 2.1"/55mm.

[color=#0000ff](I have another fretless bass in UK Rippled Ash/same hardware etc. slight change in string height/neck to body setting). [/color][color=#ff0000]THIS ONE NOW SOLD.[/color]

[/quote][quote name='mybass' timestamp='1319719349' post='1417677']

34" Scale.

12th "fret" @ 2.1"/55mm.

[/quote]

BUMP