Why become a member? ×

Ryder Alert

Nibody

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-bass-guitar-/260878075524?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3cbd8b8684"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-bass-guitar-/260878075524?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3cbd8b8684[/url]

I hear these are a bit popular

They were popular...

.... but I believe the hysteria has died down now and many are getting parted out along with their new upgrades.
In fact I've actually seen some just being described as "Fender copies" as the SR name was hindering the chance to make a profit - ie £40 for a body that came off a £60 bass.

This one appears to be all original. Wouldn't it be funny if it was more desirable because of this. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1319484930' post='1414816']
They were popular...

.... but I believe the hysteria has died down now and many are getting parted out along with their new upgrades.
In fact I've actually seen some just being described as "Fender copies" as the SR name was hindering the chance to make a profit - ie £40 for a body that came off a £60 bass.

[b]This one appears to be all original. Wouldn't it be funny if it was more desirable because of this[/b]. :)
[/quote]

Ha! Well my all white one is still tucked away all original as my pension. Ill be watching this one with interest :)

A

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1319484930' post='1414816']
They were popular...

This one appears to be all original. Wouldn't it be funny if it was more desirable because of this. :o
[/quote]

I still have 2 and a half :)

One is pretty much stock (different pickguard), with flats. I actually used it for Seabass Kid's first music video! :)
Another is fretless now, and has a ModelP pickup.
The third one (the half) is in bits... I started the project by stripping the body and I mean to put a MM pickup on it etc... you may remember this, perhaps :)
I have the firm intention of getting back on track in November... this Summer has been a killer for all my "distractions", but I want to get back to this one asap. Ahem. :o