Why become a member? ×

Big GAS, Big decision

Pow_22

As some of you know im one of very few on here who absolutely love my Burns Bison bass. Love the looks, feel and tone. Only thing i dont like is the number of options on it, i prefer something with volume n tone and thats it. I recently got myself a squier P project that i have mocked up to look like an old 70's P (burst and tort) and as such im really into the whole vintage fendery thing.

So much so that im thinking of getting rid of all my basses (inc the Bison) and just keeping the Squier P......and once of these bad boys...

[url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Squier-Vintage-Modified-Precision-Bass-TB~ID~6973.asp"]http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Squier-Vintage-Modified-Precision-Bass-TB~ID~6973.asp[/url]

Im selling my pino copy in the for sale section so im now really tempted to offer my Bison to get me on of these Squier VM's. Please someone talk me out of it. LeftBiskit didnt help much last night when he said ''Just buy one'' :)

I love the telebass but if it was a toss up between a Burns Bison and a Squier Telebass I would go for the Burns simply because it's more adaptable - the telebass has one very bassy, quite muddy sound whereas the Burns has quite a few options. On top of that every other bass player uses a Fender.

• 2 months later...

Over Xmas this GAS decision has come back. To the point now where im thinking of just doing it. The bison has all the reciepts from its set ups, fret dresses etc since ive had it. Plus ive got a Hiscox case for it so i would say in total i would want around £400 for it, this should leave me with enough to source a second hand Squire TB, get a parchment p/guard for it from Bassdoc and fit the relevant bridge cover. Hmmmmm should i sleep on it?