Why become a member? ×

For Sale: A Shaftesbury Bass in Fireglo?

revlac

I have this bass to sell, have no idea what it might be worth to anyone, I've owned it for approx 27 years and never played it. It has a few dings from house moves a few times. A shop looked at it and tested it about a year ago and said it was all working fine, would just need new strings and a set-up if I wanted to play it. Apart from that, know nothing about it, except that its all original as far as I know. (I've never touched it)

If you're interested, want to make me an offer or see more photos, please get in contact. Would want it picked up from the [u][i]London [/i][/u]area.

Cheers.

Edited by revlac

[quote name='revlac' timestamp='1318524639' post='1403346']
I have this bass to sell, have no idea what it might be worth to anyone, I've owned it for approx 27 years and never played it. It has a few dings from house moves a few times. A shop looked at it and tested it about a year ago and said it was all working fine, would just need new strings and a set-up if I wanted to play it. Apart from that, know nothing about it, except that its all original as far as I know. (I've never touched it)

If you're interested, want to make me an offer or see more photos, please get in contact. Would want it picked up from the London area.

Cheers.
[/quote]
Sorry buddy forum rules state you must include a price.... or risk having the thread being pulled by the mods.

[quote name='revlac' timestamp='1318525696' post='1403371']
Thanks for the warning, what should I do though? I have literally no idea what it's worth...
[/quote]
If you post a thread in the Bass Guitar sub-section under "Gear" asking people's opinions of it's value you will get a few good answers... and ironically you will also likely get some offers... but rules is rules. :)

Welcome to the forum btw. :)

Take a look at the RickenFakers topic under "eBay Links".

It's a HUGE series of posts, so don't try to read it all, but check out the last 10 pages,or 20 if you want to know more.

That should give an indication as to what some people think it's probably worth in today's market.

There's a thriving market in RickenFakers, but they always get pulled by the RickPolice so most end up being sold privately.

As a general rule, the most valuable RickenFakers are the Ibanez ones (which are not particularly faithful copies, but are excellent basses), at the other end of the spectrum are the Kays and Hondos. Shaftesburys are pretty mid-range.

If you want to list it here on Basschat, tell people where you are, exactly what state the bass is in (including especially the state of the neck and whether the truss-rod is maxed out), how heavy it is, etc. Put lots of hi-res photos onto PhotoBucket or something and then add links to those photos in your listing.

Good luck.