Why become a member? ×

For sale: A jazz, an ESP and a Swift. New low, low prices!

jonsparrow91

Just a family photo to begin with, more photos will come if interest rises. :)

From left to right: "Fender" fretless jazz, ESP/LTD c-304, Fender Mexican Standard Jazz, Swift Acoustic bass (defretted.)

[u][b]"Fender" Fretless Jazz Bass:[/b][/u]
It says Fender on the headstock but none of it is genuine. :) The neck has been defretted and stained and currently has some scuffs and scratches on, nothing some stain and laquer can't fix. It has a WD Music bridge and is strung with a set of Fender tapewound strings. The action and intonation are perfect and there are no dead spots. :) Acceptable condition. THERE ARE NO PICKUPS OR CONTROL PLATE IN THIS BASS. [b]£100 obo.[/b]

[u][b]ESP/LTD C-304:[/b][/u]
Very bright and zingy, very modern. Not to my tastes at all but still a flawless bass. :o Two passive EMG-HZ pickups (with exposed pole pieces) and an active preamp (vol/pan/bass/mid/treb.) 35" scale and 24 frets, grrrrrrrrrrrreat for slap. Neckthrough construction, gold hardware, v.low action at the moment. Good condition. [b]£200 obo.[/b]

[i](Postage to be paid on top but I will sort out the packaging and courier.)[/i]

[u][b]Swift Acoustic Bass (defretted).[/b][/u]
Ripped the frets out (haven't filed the gaps yet) and pretended it was a double bass. Surprisingly good condition. [b]£20, [i]collection only[/i].[/b]

Selling these beauties BECAUSE I AM AN IDIOT WHO SPENDS TOO MUCH MONEY. GOD DAMN IT. No trades. Edited by spaz91

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1318485400' post='1402674']
You paid £550 for a MIM Jazz? :)

Was it new? Why are you selling it if you don't mind me asking?
[/quote]

That's the RRP from new, these days, Tom - or it looks to be near enough, from a quick browse in town.

It's a smart looking bass, mind.

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1318485400' post='1402674']
You paid £550 for a MIM Jazz? :)

Was it new? Why are you selling it if you don't mind me asking?
[/quote]
Yup, brand new from the Digital Village in Acton. An impulse buy, of course. :)

I'm selling because I realised that, while I was only using on bass (the MIM), I had enough basses to put together to get something a little more upmarket.