Why become a member? ×

My Generation

tomhunt

Cheers for the comment! haha, timing would be down to nerves. Was all bricking it at the time. Getting used to it now though. Yeah, the sound wasn't to great for the guitarist. For some reason, I think he was worried about turning his amp up, he had only just bought it.. Some people ay ? lol.

Yeah, I have finally got to a tone I like playing with. Thanks again for the comment.

Tom

Edited by tomhunt

You are safely the best on that stage if you dont mind me saying so. You obviously know the song well, your mates dont seem to.

If your after a function version of this song, then you are on the right road. If you want to honour the original, they need to know their parts better. This song doesn't need a X Factor style female vox part IMO, the key changes were a little adrift and the guitar solo at the end......................... :) .

Your tone is top notch for that of JE in that era. Your solo is one of the best Ive heard for MG.

Sorry if harsh, but you asked for opinions.

Neil

Cheers for the comments guys. We had only learnt the song the week before and they were worried about doing it, but I managed to get um to do it.

I no what you're saying about that guitar at the end, he no longer adds it in, could never pull it off live for some reason.
I have said can we leave the female vocals out on this one, we cover some of Duffy's songs and a few amy winehouse tracks and she pulls them off really well. We use her for the ska/reggae/motown tracks also, its where her voice is at its best. The male singer normally does a lot of Frank Sinatra songs. I was just after getting a band set up asap and they were the only singers local to me that I knew. Plus they have a lot of followers from their solo stuff, which really helps at our gigs.

To help get the tone, I used the Ashdown James Lomenzo Hyperdrive, I quite like that pedal, works perfect for me.

We played this at a gig on Saturday just gone, Iv made new bass parts for the solo section, for some reason, my hand wanted to play the one I play in this video, but my head was like, do the new one! It didn't work, and sadly I messed it up and put the timing out well bad. Still, no one noticed, good thing about people being drunk and you make a mistake, they don't hear it or they do, but dont care haha.

Thanks again!

Tom