Why become a member? ×

1978 Rick 4001 £750 Glasgow Gumtree

[quote name='Geddys nose' timestamp='1317854381' post='1395581']
The bridge looks a little short looking at the photo, perhaps it just the photo.
[/quote]
I think it's just the light, or rather lack of it, in the photo. The raised bit a the rear of the bridge disappears as it's not catching the light.

I don't think this is a fake as the fingerboard is orangey, as on genuine Ricks. 'Fakers all seem to have darker rosewood boards like you see on Fenders. Though that may also be a trick of the light. :)

[quote name='Geddys nose' timestamp='1317854381' post='1395581']
The bridge looks a little short looking at the photo, perhaps it just the photo.
[/quote]
[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1317856356' post='1395608']
I think it's just the light, or rather lack of it, in the photo. The raised bit a the rear of the bridge disappears as it's not catching the light.[/quote]

Thought the same as Geddys Nose & +1 with Musky's thoughts. More detailed pics would be needed to be certain; some fakers did have the twin truss-rods but AFAIK (haven't made a study of it, just seen a lot of threads) there wasn't a faker that had the twin truss-rods AND the break in the binding behind the bridge.
I'd be wary entirely because of the price, in good nick you could ask for almost double that price; my only other thought was that the binding looks a bit thinner than a Rick's should be, but again that could be the light.