Why become a member? ×

Warwick Pro Series Corvette Std 4 String Prices /values

Fitzy73

i am looking at a warwick pro series Corvette Std 4 String (german made) with usa swamp ash body budinga natural oil finish ovangkol neck mec pickups and mec two band electronics

i am a bit wary of used warwicks as prices have seem to have taken a bit of hammering lately

it would be costing me around 600euros or £500.00

any help would be great

I've just sold a 1995 German made Corvette Proline, wenge neck (more desireable than the Ovankol it would seem - much nicer profile than more recent models), bubinga body, passive MEC pickups in almost new condition for £350. Look further for your money. There was a chap on Fastfude (Northern Ireland site) who had a German made Ash bodied Corvette for sale a while back for similar money - no recent updates so if it's still there it may be had even cheaper.
[url="http://fastfude.org/topic.php?id=44510"]http://fastfude.org/topic.php?id=44510[/url]

[quote name='Fitzy73' timestamp='1317655101' post='1392798']
i am looking at a warwick pro series Corvette Std 4 String (german made) with usa swamp ash body budinga natural oil finish ovangkol neck mec pickups and mec two band electronics

i am a bit wary of used warwicks as prices have seem to have taken a bit of hammering lately

it would be costing me around 600euros or £500.00

any help would be great
[/quote]

I'm not sure where you saw USA Swamp ash body but I'm 99.9% sure that is a bubinga body and not just a finish. The ovangkol necks are nice.

£500 seems fair enough to me but that's your call really. Don't buy a warwick looking to invest though. Go and try it if you can then make your own decision :)

Good luck

P.S. I have never played a corvette that I didn't automatically fall in love with :)

If it's a German Warwick then it's not a Pro Series (since that's the name for Warwick's Korean line). I agree with Charic that the body is probably entirely bubinga - that is a fairly common (and desirable!) option on Corvettes. £500 is not an unreasonable price, but you should certainly be able to get the same model for less if you look around. Or, alternatively, £500 could buy you a higher-spec Warwick if you look around enough.