Why become a member? ×

Peterson Stroboflip not very accurate.....

RhysP

Any Peterson tuner users find their tuner doesn't accurately read their B string?

I've recently bought a Stroboflip & whilst it's great for guitar I'm finding it no better at accurately tuning bass E strings than the ancient quartz tuner I was using before & the B string is WAY out - almost a semitone sharp when the display is stationary.

I've tried using different settings & nothing makes any difference.

Anybody got any ideas?

Edited by RhysP

Mods - can you move this to "Miscellaneous Equipment & Accessories" (or where you feel is most appropriate) please?
Tried to delete it but there doesn't appear to be a delete function anymore.
Ta!

Edited by RhysP

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1317488995' post='1391256']
Mods - can you move this to "Miscellaneous Equipment & Accessories" (or where you feel is most appropriate) please?
Tried to delete it but there doesn't appear to be a delete function anymore.
Ta!
[/quote]

Moved for you :)

There never was a delete function for threads. You can delete any replies you make (Next to edit & multiquote) but deleting topics and threads has always been a mods job :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1317497912' post='1391363']
Moved for you :)
[/quote]

Ta!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1317497912' post='1391363']
There never was a delete function for threads.
[/quote]

You are, of course, totally correct. :)

• 1 month later...

I have only just got a new model Peterson Strobostomp Classic and it tunes my low B no bother at all. Infact I have it set to tune a semi ( oooooher ) tone flat and its just dandy. I have the volume up full ( I think ) and its absolutely steady and not jumpy as I feared it might be.
It's certainly the best tuner I've used, and I have used one or two over the past 35 years, it is also by far and away the most expensive at £140.
In fact as I was saying earlier to my wife, I have experienced a bit of an anti climax, as I often do when buying quality gear. It just works, no bother at all, no hassle. Bugger.
S