Why become a member? ×

TOTP '76 - First Punk Appearance

cytania

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1316947840' post='1384592']

What disturbs you?. the fact i didnt know it or the fact that miming was how it was always done. If they played live it was a rareity you could see the bands always mimed. In fact it was famous for it. Many bands took the piss by taking the strings off the guitars etc. :) I remember Captain sensible of The Damned doing this and a few weeks later in the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NME"]NME[/url] or [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sounds_(magazine)"]Sounds[/url] he told how the producers assistant was noit at all happy and tried to get them to put them back on.
[/quote]
Calm down dear. :)
It disturbs me that I remember when Totp performances or elements thereof were live. I hated when it went to all miming - due to the lack of of time* and money iirc.

*edit : I think the live stuff took 2 days to film rather than a few hours to get all the acts to mine.

Edited by Ou7shined

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1316772107' post='1382568']
yeah the Rods were pub rock badwaggon jumpers, pretty good live though by all accounts. I am recording all the TOTP and will carry on till they stop airing them. Not for at least anoither year they said. Just wish they had started earlier. We missed all the good T-Rex and Alice Cooper, Sweet etc by not starting till Spring of 1976.
[/quote]
Spot on about the earlier years Daz
Had Blackburns chart show on yesterday, from'72.
Bowie, Sweet, Hawkwind, LT Pidgeon, Donny Osmond, Blackfoot Sue, Slade, Rod Stewart, now THAT's variation :)
Karl.

Eddie and the hot rods played in Devon last week and in the summer withThe (re formed) Heavey Metal kids, who were also on the 1976 TOTP a few months before them.

Next month they tour France with Dr Feelgood and nine below zero.

Edited by daz

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1317048802' post='1385946']
Eddie and the hot rods played in Devon last week and in the summer withThe (re formed) Heavey Metal kids, who were also on the 1976 TOTP a few months before them.

[b]Next month they tour France with Dr Feelgood and nine below zero.[/b]
[/quote]

Now that would be a cool gig :) 2 out of 3 aint bad :)