Why become a member? ×

Favourite setting on your MXR M288 Bass Octave Deluxe

CliveT

[size=4][font=Helv][font=Helv]What's your favourite settings on the M288? [/font][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Helv][font=Helv]Right now I like the dry at 1:30 with the growl and girth at 12:00. I use the mid occasionally to cut through.[/font][/font][/size]

Edited by CliveT

Got a fantastic sound with the dry at about 12 and the growl and girth both full on. It just fills the air with a thick octavey goodness. It's not the most useable sound but for one of our tunes it'll be spot on.

Also got some nice sounds following it with my Big Muff.

I go for dry at 12 o'clock, growl at around 2 o'clock and girth at around 9 o'clock, and I always keep the mids button on.

I love this pedal to bits, but bought a Foxrox Octron 2 with the intention of replacing it....

Now I have two octave pedals on my board, and don't want to sell either :) stupid MXR making unreasonably excellent pedals.....

• 4 weeks later...

I was playing in a new rehearsal room last night and the amp they had there was a Behringer BXL3000 (I think). Could not get a nice sound out of the octaver at all Everything I tried was really harsh sounding. Has anyone else had this kind of difficulty when switching between amps?