Why become a member? ×

GOLD PAISLEY FENDER PRECISION/TELE BASS

H the Bass

how many times can you answer this guy cloth ears or what i have tried to be as honest as possible and if i dont know the answer thats what ive said does he badger everyone like this? as a guy who is going through the hardest time of his life ie marriage break up after 37 years i dont need this.

[quote name='H the Bass' timestamp='1316707227' post='1381783']
how many times can you answer this guy cloth ears or what i have tried to be as honest as possible and if i dont know the answer thats what ive said does he badger everyone like this? as a guy who is going through the hardest time of his life ie marriage break up after 37 years i dont need this.
[/quote]
My sympathies re. your marriage break up.

In answer to your question, I don't badger anyone! However, I do like to ask lots of questions about instruments that I'm interested in buying and vague answers about 'might have' owners and strange out of place logos, certainly have me asking for definitive answers. Oh and don't get personal with your comments.

Things should be kept civil on the forum, especially the for sale section!

That said, I'm no Fender expert but we have plenty on here, I'd be querying a few things about this bass too if I had the money to buy it! The link to Mr. Harris being tenuous at best is one of the main issues at hand here, I don't think you should have a go at warwickhunt for trying to dig a little deeper on that front. Plenty of guys on here, including potential buyers would be interested to see your response to his queries on that matter and others. If I was one of them, I wouldn't be too impressed is all.

THAT said, comments on price should not be mentioned in the public domain, but instead sent via PM if absolutely necessary.

why on earth is the link tenuos i have given the contact name of the man who brokered the deal i cant do a lot more and apoligies Warwick i know where your coming from all i can say is the quality of this bass is excellent wether you believe it or not and as i have said in my other ads if buyer is not satisfied i offer full refund i am sure whoever buys this will be absolutely delighted i did not buy it for the Steve Harris connection and am not a Maiden fan i just loved its looks finish playability and the sound is awesome give me a break guys and i dont mean my neck lol

Not a problem.

I've asked the questions that I've asked because I am after a Paisley P bass and though I'm not about to openly discuss my views on the value of your bass (regardless of what Mods might think, I've reviewed my posts and can't see any direct attack on your price; simply a comment that £1000 was more than I wanted to pay for a CIJ bass... and I even included an emoticon), I wanted to be sure of what was being offered.

Unfortunately, items for sale on a forum like this means that folks like me in Northumberland are often as far away from stuff for sale as it is possible to get and questions posted on a sale thread are the only ways to get answers. I even clearly indicated in my earlier post that if there were 'proof' that SH had owned the bass then I'd likely have taken a chance and made an offer on the bass! His connection would mean that if I didn't like the bass then provenance of SH owning the bass might mean that I wouldn't take a whack if I came to sell it. Conversely, me trying to sell a CIJ P bass that I only had second hand anecdotal evidence had previously possibly belonged to SH... well you get the picture. :)

Shame the bass wasn't close enough for me to try as the questions and doubts could have been settled in the flesh! :)

[quote name='H the Bass' timestamp='1316707227' post='1381783']
[/quote]
[color=#282828]Warwickhunt[/color] is one of the good guys around here. Believe it or not his questions are well intended. It would be fantastic if this turned out to be a rare Harris piece but there are a couple of your selling points which need clarification.