Why become a member? ×

TC Electronics - BC cabs - anyone?

Tradfusion

I bought a 2x12 off a basschatter for £200 and it sounds pretty good. I use a TC Classic 450 and although the cabs are rated at only 250 watts they sound pretty loud to me. I played the other weekend with a LOUD drummer and a louder guitarist and the sound was well defined and there was no breakup at volume. They also can pump out some pretty LOW bass too.

They're also very light.

Edited by gjones

I think they are generally fairly nice cabs, however, due to TC's power management system (otherwise known as magic and pixie dust :) haha), their cabs will work an awful lot better with a TC head than with anything else. So it would be worth remembering that if you don't plan on using a TC head to power the cab.

That said, the best test is to try one for yourself :)

I'm using an Ampeg PF-350 with one bc212 so only getting 250w out the head. I play with a hard hitting drummer, guitarist and three singers all matching the drummer's volume at rehearsals. I'm finding my setup loud enough to keep up. The tone of the 12's is great too - especially for the money.

[quote name='Sparky' timestamp='1316813764' post='1383404']
I'm using an Ampeg PF-350 with one bc212 so only getting 250w out the head. I play with a hard hitting drummer, guitarist and three singers all matching the drummer's volume at rehearsals. I'm finding my setup loud enough to keep up. The tone of the 12's is great too - especially for the money.
[/quote]

Thats a cool rig Sparky... I'm seriously considering the BC212, just cant decide between the micro heads to drive it.... GK MB500, Ampeg PF-500 or the TC BH500 which is in the same price range but is no micro at 30lbs... otherwise a used RH450 or Classic 450... I have a Markbass LMII but I fancy a tone change and will keep it as a backup for the time being... It might work well with the BC212 though.. :)

Edited by Tradfusion

[quote name='Tradfusion' timestamp='1317048999' post='1385950'] Thats a cool rig Sparky... I'm seriously considering the BC212, just cant decide between the micro heads to drive it.... GK MB500, Ampeg PF-500 or the TC BH500 which is in the same price range but is no micro at 30lbs... otherwise a used RH450 or Classic 450... I have a Markbass LMII but I fancy a tone change and will keep it as a backup for the time being... It might work well with the BC212 though.. :)[/quote]

I would strongly advise you to try the BH500 thoroughly before choosing to get it, (or make sure the place you get it from has a 7 day refund policy), as it very different from the other two you are considering. I bought one a month or so ago with a view to replace my hartke rig, and while it sounded good in the shop, I realised it really wasn't what I wanted when I started jamming along to sings and used it at a rehearsal, so back to the store it went.

The PF-500 is an ampeg, so it does what it says on the tin :) and I haven't tried the MB500, but I have been told it is a good bass head.

Edited by jackers

[quote name='Tradfusion' timestamp='1317048999' post='1385950']

Thats a cool rig Sparky... I'm seriously considering the BC212, just cant decide between the micro heads to drive it.... GK MB500, Ampeg PF-500 or the TC BH500 which is in the same price range but is no micro at 30lbs... otherwise a used RH450 or Classic 450... I have a Markbass LMII but I fancy a tone change and will keep it as a backup for the time being... It might work well with the BC212 though.. :)[/quote]
Good luck with this. If my budget would have stretched that bit further I would have gone for the LMII so I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the bc212/LMII combination. Cheers