Why become a member? ×

Iceni Zoot custom fretless for sale £800 ONO

Chris2112

Hello,

I've decided that next year I am going to buy a Sierra Cosworth. As you can imagine, such a feat will require me to spend a bit of cash, and as such I've decided I must cut my bass collection down. I operate a 'last in, first out' policy in respect of my ACG. The Zoot is the last bass I bought and so I thought I'd pitch it for sale first. I'll be honest, I spend more time obsessing about cars than I do about basses!

Anyway, I bought this Zoot bass from it's first owner, who ordered it in 1998. The specs are as follows:

Neck Iceni carbon Graphite bolt on neck + ebony fingerboard.
Nut Bell Brass
Nut Width 38mm(Frender Jazz spacing)
Fingerboard Flat finished, best quality african ebony, 1/4 lines to edge + side dots, unvarnished on playing surface, varnished to back and sides.
Machine heads Black Schaller chrome m4's
Body 1 piece sapele mahogony with bookmatch best grade flame maple top finished in high gloss aqua burst fading to black with solid black hi gloss to back
Bridge ABM in black chrome with Shadow piezo's fitted to saddles
Control Knobs Schaller black chrome knurled with centre dents
Pick up Bartolini MM4C
Switch 3 way-piezo only/piezo and bartolini/bartolini only
Controls Bartolii TCT module bass/mid/treble (all centre dent for flat) and volume
Strap buttons Schaller locking in black chrome
Battery 6v from compartment in back
Hard Case

You'll notice that it has a carbon fibre neck with an ebony fretboard, which gives the stability and even tone of carbon fibre but with the woodiness of the ebony fretboard coming though. The Bartolini electronics are superb, and the Piezo mixed with the magnetic pickup is a very cool sound. The bass in is very good condition, the only thing of note is the varish has lifted slightly on the edge of the neck where it meets the ebony fretboard. I suppose the wood has expanded mildly over the last few years. It's a purely cosmetic issue, and if you're inclined quite easy to refinish yourself.

[IMG]http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv52/Baryonyx2112/one.jpg[/IMG]

I would like £800 for it, and I'll include shipping in the price too, to anywhere in the UK. I may entertain a slightly lower offer if you ask nicely. If I decide that the Cosworth is well within budget I may de-list this bass. Thanks for looking!

Chris

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1316384860' post='1377515']
Didn't Jimmy Nail have a Cosworth in the tv programme Spender?
BUMP!
[/quote]

Couple of years before my time, that show! Funnily enough, a lad off my shift at work was a cameraman for that show and filmed it all. Another lad on my shift used to be an ice hockey player and appeared as an extra in the show! Small world!

But yes, I've checked youtube and he is driving a Sierra Cosworth. I'll be going for a 4x4 version I think. It seemed to me like a better way to have fun than the other big turbo AWD cars like Lancer Evolutions and Imprezas.

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1316387537' post='1377568']

Couple of years before my time, that show! Funnily enough, a lad off my shift at work was a cameraman for that show and filmed it all. Another lad on my shift used to be an ice hockey player and appeared as an extra in the show! Small world!

But yes, I've checked youtube and he is driving a Sierra Cosworth. I'll be going for a 4x4 version I think. It seemed to me like a better way to have fun than the other big turbo AWD cars like Lancer Evolutions and Imprezas.
[/quote]
MB1. :)
The "Crocodile Shoes" are in the post! :)

It looks as though I may have an offer to pay for this bass in installments. I intend to respond to the gentleman making the offer in the morning when I am not blasted from a hard day at work. At least that will give me more time to enjoy this fabulous bass before it goes. I've never been the best fretless player but I enjoyed my Alembic immensely and this Zoot bass is fantastic too, though a very different bass from the Alembic.

But the dream of having a Cosworth on the driving and being able to say "I owned my dream car" before they are all gone is whats most important to me. You only live once and what is life, if not for experience the most exquisite of luxuries and sating the most wild of desires?

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1316694244' post='1381533']
It looks as though this bass is now sold on a multi installment payment plan. Thanks for looking, folks!
[/quote]

To me, to me! Thanks Chris - really looking forward to getting my hands on this beauty.

I bought lfalex's Zoot Chaser last year and had the pre-amp swapped out for an ACG/East EQ 02, which Steve Soar did for me, and it sounds simply killer. The idea of adding a similarly specced fretless Zoot to the stable was just too enticing to pass up, so I'm very grateful to Chris for entertaining my somewhat cheeky suggestion of a small number of staggered payments. You are a gent, sir!

Mark