Why become a member? ×

replacing a fretboard in glasgow

barry44

Hi,

I am interested in a bass from ebay but there is a small chunk out of the fretboard at the third fret.

it is the ibanez SRX 700.

it is on the edge of the fretboard and i would assume that it would not affect the guitars playability in any way.

the only issue would be the fact that it is there which would probably annoy me enough to have the whole board replaced.

can anyone recommend anyone in the glasgow to carry this out?

i have had a look at the sticky but could only see ACG in Moffat representing Scotland.

i look forward to your response.

cheers,

barry

I would also thoroughly endorse the suggestion of Jimmy Moon. Jimmy changed a standard fretted fingerboard on my son's Jazz for an ebony fretless. The job was absolutely superb. Jimmy's website is: [url="http://www.moonguitars.co.uk/moonhome.html"]http://www.moonguitars.co.uk/moonhome.html[/url]

Jimmy Egypt repair shop at Sound Control,Jamaica St. I cant praise his work highly enough. he's set up 2 of my 6 stringers and also refretted an MM Silhouette and fret stoned an Axis for me. his work was first class without a 3 week wait like at Moons. Jimmy Egypt used to be in the guitar building game too, years ago he and a business partner made guitars under the Karnak brand name.

Jimmy Moons work is top notch too. I know the guitarist who owns the first electric he made,Moon 001 a black Explorer type. :)